Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Little things that really tick you off.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Little things that really TICK you OFF!

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I HATE walking through the woods at dark:30 in the morning and walking into a spider web. You know the one, it wraps itself all the way around your entire face. After you get it wiped off you swear you feel the spider crawling on you until about an hour after daylight.
Someone put a thread out there about this ..... I didn't sleep for a week []
Old 01-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

When I get all my stuff on at the tree and then I get that feeling................oh no I got to poop.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone ever go to lace up their boots and bust a shoelace? Mmmmm Hmmmm... That's a fantastic feeling right there...
Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 AM

Or how about when you are finished...."making water"......and the zipper tab on your pants has tucked down in the fabric and you just can't get hold of it to zip them back up?? AHHHHHHHHHHH [:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Dominant Buck

And we can't forget that twig. Yeah....a twig. In and of itself...not a presence we'd be full of hate for. But on the back side of the tree you'r ein on a cold, dark morning......it's the death bough.

"But my climber cables should just slither past that little twig"

Yeah, right. You've got a better chance of levitating to your perch than that happening.

At first you can't figure it out. "Why won't it go"? "What could be the holdup, here?" "The tree had no branches."

What you don't realize is......the base of a 1/4" twig on the side of a tree that is attempting to be climbed by a hunter is the second strongest thing known to man.

No. 1 is that plastic packaging that encases your new sight.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lot's of good ones.A couple for me would be thetangled bow rope on limbs beneath me that require me to go untangle it.The limb that I wish I would have cut back but didn't and now I am convinced that it will cost me a shot.The deer you can hear but can't see.The doe that you didn't see that blows at you while you are drawing on a great buck and he comes unglued.The coyote that disrupts the buck that is working his way toward you.The weekenders who decide it is a great idea to take their dog for a walk on the mountain during bow season and then get upset with you when you scare the crap out of them.My all time favorite,a couple is working their way toward me with their black lab already having come through,me wondering if I should whistle or say any thing,not wanting to startle them,not wanting really to have a conversation with them,finally upon me gently saying hello and startling them,they ask me is it hunting season? No I always dress in full camoflage and climb a tree with a bow just because!
There are many others I am sure!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Thsi happend to me this past weekend on a Muzzleloader hunt. I was climbing my tree and it was pitch black. Well I looked up with myheadlight and it slipped off the top of my head, hit my platform and then hit the ground. It wasnt to bad except for the light shining back at me from the ground. Well being the genius that I am (not), I tie a forked stick to my pull up rope and lowered it and hooked my light and pulled it up and turned it off. I thought it was a pretty neat trick so I lowered my light and tried again.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

That trashy, good for NOTHING, poaching, smurf-a-likeneighbor who trespasses across no less than 3 separate properties, hunting, to take a **** 30 yds from your best stand.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Anyone ever go to lace up their boots and bust a shoelace? Mmmmm Hmmmm... That's a fantastic feeling right there...
If the full-on, all-out hatred and disgust that runs through our veins for that one split second were to take over our bodies for a full minute......

Our heads would explode.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:15 PM

You're walking quite peacefully to your stand, in utter darkness, feeling quite positive about the day that is to unfold. You've got the scene playing in your mind, and a smile breaks out....

BAM!

you're suddenly on the ground because that god forsaken morning glory vine has, in an instant, become alive and wrapped itself around your ankle no less than 573 times and you're flat on your face, in the dirt and leaves.....

Quick Reply: Little things that really tick you off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.