Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Little things that really tick you off.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Little things that really TICK you OFF!

This one drives me nuts that is why I am switching to Lone Wolf and climbing sticks.
ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

My uncanny inability to judge the initial angle of my climbing stand in relation to the taper of the tree.......[:@]

Old 01-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

My gift to pick the stand to hunt a buck can be seen from, but not shot. While they other stand I did not pick he poses in front of.

A buckI do not want to shoot sits in front me forever, I get dozen of shots. The one I want to shoot comes in I have 4.5 seconds to shoot the damn thing, and I have to pull of the shot of my life[:@]

Old 01-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

when i climb up perfectly and quietly but all of a sudden i feel a rumblin in the belly and i have to franticly un do the harness and strip down to my boxers in 10 deg weather and "scent" the whole place up...terrible way to end a hunt in the morning.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

when im walking in in the dark, and the pull up cord comes unwound off my climber bow holder, and imitates a coyote stalking me from 25 yards behind me [:@]

whem my yellow lab trailes me from 4 miles away and finds me when im walking out in the dark, and makes me think its a Raptor attacking me [:@]

When i bump the bottom of my climber sending it 25' tothe ground, leaving me stranded in the top section with my legs dangling, because i failed to tie the two sections together [:@]

when someone else sets a stand 50 yards from mine because they did not look around and see if any one was already set up there [:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another favorite of mine is when you position your stand facing in a particular direction - expecting all the action to be in that designated area (let's say North). You've got your bow hung up, your pack hung up. Your safety belts are cinched tight.

So, at 7:30, you see a deer to the SW. Hmm..
You start paying more attention to that area.

At 9:00, 2 deer pass, again to the SW.
Now, you're really starting to wonder... Should you swing the stand around to the other side - and just face down that way? Nah.

At this point, despite telling yourself that facing to the North is the right thing to do, you're staring exclusively to the SW, with your neck craned around the tree like a flamingo. Youabsolutely refuse to swing your platform around the tree. Neck begins to hurt.

Hours pass. You still set there, stand facing north, butyour head wrapped around the treetrunk,staring to the southwest like a circus freak. You feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but you still refuse to move the platform. At this point, you're just trying to show the world that you can make it until climbdown time without caving in to the pressure of turning your treestand. You will not concede defeat.

11:30 - another deer passes. Again, to the SW.
What now? You were gonna climb down, but you might just want to wait it out until dark.
Your neck feels like somebody hit it with a ballbat. Headache starts.

Finally, at 1:00 - you swing your stand and face SW. It took a grand total of 3 minutes. You are now comfortable, but you still can't turn your head to the right, because your neckmuscles arein permanent spasm.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:00 AM

Above all else.........SWIRLING WINDS! It just seems we can not get a good steady wind down here anymore!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:02 AM

How about that dry, scratchy feeling in the back of your throat causing that pesky cough that will just NOT go away.....[:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Yep, mosquitoes, and not just any mosquito, that one son of a #%$&* that does nothing but buzz in your ear and you cant ever swather, she doesnt care about mosquito spray, shes from the devil himself, then eventually she gets under your face mask and into your ear, buzzing to no end, buzz buzz buzz right in your ear, making you feell like slapping the side of you head until you cant hear him any more, then finally you do, your beat the p!ss outta yourself right there in that tree tree to finally end the misery.

Other than that I'm pretty calm about little things.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Above all else.........SWIRLING WINDS!
ditto
Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I HATE walking through the woods at dark:30 in the morning and walking into a spider web. You know the one, it wraps itself all the way around your entire face. After you get it wiped off you swear you feel the spider crawling on you until about an hour after daylight.

Quick Reply: Little things that really tick you off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.