Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Little things that really tick you off.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Little things that really TICK you OFF!

Nothin' gets my goat more than to be set up in one of my favorite places with no wind and hear 4 wheelers coming. I know that unless they stay around they probably don't spook the deer all that bad but it still kills me.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Settling into your stand and minutes later the neighboring landowner's kids start riding ATV's on the property you are hunting.[:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

[ul][*]I get nearly frantic when I am running late in the mornings[:@]. If I over sleep even a little bit and it's breaking daylight while I getting into my set-up, I get ticked off I automatically think the morning hunt is ruined.[*]Having to poop at 4:30 PM while on stand[:@][*]How I feel at 7:00 PM if I refused to give into the urge and hold it.[*]Gnats buzzing in my ears on warm days.[/ul]

Old 01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another favorite of mine is when you go into apreviously-scouted area -gonna pick a tree when you get there. So, youpick out a tree and climb it - only to realize that there is a much, much better tree only a few yards away. You stare at it. You so wish you had chosen the other tree. It just sits there, staring back - "Come climb me," it says.

The more you stare, the more attractive it becomes. It's majestic. Straight as a telephone pole. A double-trunker, with great cover. Oh baby."Come climb me."

It's like you married the ugly sister. The hot one is right there, but you just can't have it, because you're stuck with this ugly duckling of a tree.

Eventually, you quit worrying about your hunt, and become more worried about your next hunt - so you can climb this goddess of a tree and enjoy yourself thoroughly.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Another favorite of mine is when you go into apreviously-scouted area -gonna pick a tree when you get there. So, youpick out a tree and climb it - only to realize that there is a much, much better tree only a few yards away. You stare at it. You so wish you had chosen the other tree. It just sits there, staring back - "Come climb me," it says.

The more you stare, the more attractive it becomes. It's majestic. Straight as a telephone pole. A double-trunker, with great cover. Oh baby. Come climb me.

It's like you married the ugly sister. The hot one is right there, but you just can't have it, because you're stuck with this ugly duckling of a tree.

Eventually, you quit worrying about your hunt, and become more worried about your next hunt - so you can climb this goddess of a tree and enjoy yourself thoroughly.
Best post on any thread I have read for a while, and I can relate to the post.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine would be,climbing into your stand,straping yourself in only to have deer walking up the path and your bow is still on the ground attached to your tether(spl).....[:@].

Ive had problems with the new people on the north side latelydoing the rambo thing with thier guns(about 100-150yrds away)right around 4-6 at night..they are in a field and Iam in heavy woods so they dont know Iam there and there are house's to the south so they dont shoot in my direction Thank God...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any and every strap, belt, harness, string, cord or anything else that can catch, get tangled, come loose, twist, or snag. [:@]
this includes but is not limited to-Bino harness, safety harness, foot straps on climber, and the strap that holds the top & bottom together. [:@]

In a related note, forgetting the strap that holds your hang on to the tree also can be quite frustrating. Especially when you are 2 hours from home, have as hot a scrape as you've ever seen, and the only ability to hunt it effectively would be from a perfectly selected tree 18 yds away. [:@]

And getting an itch in an inappropriate places when you have 3 layers of clothes & gloves & a safety harness that gets in the way. [:@]

Those are the little things I can think of now. I have plenty more to complain about, but those I would consider "large" complaints.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

My uncanny inability to judge the initial angle of my climbing stand in relation to the taper of the tree.......[:@]

I have the same issue Matt. I bought an Equalizer climber 2 years ago and it is well worth the extra money, because of not having to climb all the way back down and start over again.

Another thing I hate is that when you hear the footsteps behind you sounding just like that 150" trophy 10-point you just know is lurking and instead theres that darn squirrel....[:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Plain and simple MOSQUITOES!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

The more you stare, the more attractive it becomes. It's majestic. Straight as a telephone pole. A double-trunker, with great cover. Oh baby."Come climb me."

And on said next hunt, you climb that majestic tree only to realize you have NO shooting lane.....AT ALL! Yeah, that'll do it every damn time! [:@]

Quick Reply: Little things that really tick you off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.