Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Old 01-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

nice review. That is smokin fast
Old 01-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Site Bouncer

Boy, I'm diggin the Xtreme XL!!!!

If you guys think your bows are fast, get a loadof this bad boy!

Specs:

AtoA 36in
Brace 8in
Draw Length 26-32in
Draw Weights 40-80lbs
IBO (70lb @ 30in) 320-330fps!

Now just imagine ole BigJ getting one of them suckers in a 32in draw with 80lb limbs.......untouchable!!! If it will go 320-330fps at 70lb 30in, this thing willflat out boogie at 80lb 32in!All that speed and with an 8in brace.

I should do it.........just because!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I should do it.........just because!

I agree.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:59 AM

I have to disagree on the "smooth" draw also. I havent shot that model but I recently shot a fire model (i believe it has the same cams) and I shot one other model last year. I think they are very nice bows and very fast but I dont like the draw curve at all.

I would rather give up a little speed.

rick
Old 01-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just wish I had a dealer close. I think there are some sweet bows on paper.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:50 AM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

ORIGINAL: mobow

Great review matt. Nicely put together.

I'm not sure I agree with your assesment on smooth drawing though. Now, I've not shot the GTO, so I don't know, but I HAVE shot an Aigil and a Synergy XT......Smooth?? LOL..no. Not so much. BUT, they are a very aggressive cam, not designed necessarily for smooth, but they are shootin sons a guns, that's for sure.....And DEAD quiet.
I think it really comes down to how it feels in one's hands...The cam and a half was/is wildly popular and I did not care for the draw cycle at all.

I have an allegiance and a liberty now and while the allegiance is a harder feeling pull, i think its very smooth. And for the liberty, pure butter.

I think it's all what your used to that affects how a new bow feels.
Yeah, that's true......But they still draw like a tank.....

Rick James, I can vouche for the speeds. They'll hit it. We just an Aigil in the other day....5.7 gpp arrow, 30/70 shooting 319.....IBO rated 320-330, so it'll do that no problem. These things are fast.

I'll say again, this is probably the SHARPEST looking bow I've ever seen. It's simply beautiful. And w/ the speeds they are producing, I am even more amazed at how quiet they are. They're just dead. Nothing.

But they aren't good enough for me to give up what I'm currently shooting.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

The old cliche fits well here, " if you don't have anything nice to say...."

[:-]
Old 01-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Great review matt. Nicely put together.

I'm not sure I agree with your assesment on smooth drawing though. Now, I've not shot the GTO, so I don't know, but I HAVE shot an Aigil and a Synergy XT......Smooth?? LOL..no. Not so much. BUT, they are a very aggressive cam, not designed necessarily for smooth, but they are shootin sons a guns, that's for sure.....And DEAD quiet.
I think it really comes down to how it feels in one's hands...The cam and a half was/is wildly popular and I did not care for the draw cycle at all.

I have an allegiance and a liberty now and while the allegiance is a harder feeling pull, i think its very smooth. And for the liberty, pure butter.

I think it's all what your used to that affects how a new bow feels.
Yeah, that's true......But they still draw like a tank.....

Rick James, I can vouche for the speeds. They'll hit it. We just an Aigil in the other day....5.7 gpp arrow, 30/70 shooting 319.....IBO rated 320-330, so it'll do that no problem. These things are fast.

I'll say again, this is probably the SHARPEST looking bow I've ever seen. It's simply beautiful. And w/ the speeds they are producing, I am even more amazed at how quiet they are. They're just dead. Nothing.

But they aren't good enough for me to give up what I'm currently shooting.
See the Aigil was one of the bows we were least impressed with. Keep in mind we are a Mathews dealer primarily, but the Aigil was only like 5 fps faster than the drens we had setup the same, with the same arrow, etc........and the draw was MUCH more harsh than the dren, and the bow was significantly louder and had more handshock as well. For 5fps, it just didnt make sense. I'm the kind of guy at the shop where I won't tell someone what to buy either, I will ask someone what they like in a bow and then hand them everything we have that fits that description so they can shoot for themselves, and not once did someone pick the Aigil over the dren. The only bow we sold our of our first batch was the Envy, and had the guy shot an x-force I don't think he would have bought that either, but he simply didn't want a PSE and wanted the fastest bow we had in the shop (except the x-force which was faster by 7-9fps).
Old 01-18-2008, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't help it. ONE thing I think about when I buy a new bow is........what's it gonna be worth 2 years from now. Part of the buying decision.

Whats the resale like on these bows v. a Mathews or a Bowtech?

Good review of the bow, for sure.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff - the resale on a GTO will probably be pretty high. Most anyone who knows anything about bows is willing to fork it out to get awell-built bow, anda set of barnsdale's is icing on the cake. I'd think that anyone who would buy a used 101st or 82nd - would probably pay just about the same price for a used GTO. Post a pic of the bow, a pic of the chrono reading, and you wouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it.

Honestly, compared to its nearest competitors (101, 82, HCA Speed Force, Vulcan), I think the GTO "might" bea touch faster than all of the above, and it comes with better components than the Bowtech and the Hoyt.

And I know you, Jeff - and I know that you're notREALLY concerned about the resale price. You were practically giving your Mathews away just a couple weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.