Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here's Another Thought...

Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here's Another Thought...

Many here have probably thought "AF Hunter is full of it." And I am proud to say, I have always been full of something. My mother used to say I try too hard (of course her actual words were "He's very trying"). Anyway, this is my last brain whimper (does not qualify as a brain storm).

What do y'all think about having a HNI Bow Hunting Weekend? Let's say 2nd or 3rd weekend in July having a bow rally in South Central Iowa. I'll provide the place, all y'all have to do is make the drive with tents or campers and fishing gear. We can have a Pan Fish tourney, fish fry, and spend a weekend meeting each other and swapping stories.

Just a thought.

I'll take a break now and try not to come up with anymore lame threads for at least a day or two.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:11 PM

Default RE: Here's Another Thought...

2 or 3rd weekend in june, make the drive over to northern IL and join us for the HNI get together. It's a blast.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

If your going to invite me hunting whitetails in Iowa I'm there. I pick my own spot though ok?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you trying to raise your post count

I'd love to hunt anyone of these places, with anyone of these people but....

I'm a college kid, the budget doesn't really allow it.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

To hunt white tails here in Iowa all you have to do is get a non resident tag for zone 5 and then let me know. Of course the catch is you then have to get someone else to come to kansas for a hunt of some type.

As far as letting you pick the spot, as long as it's on my land or land I have permission to hunt, and as long as the spot you want to hunt from does not include the interior of my home or the sanctuary I have set aside, why not.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might be able to do that if it was the 2nd weekend, but the 3rd is family reunion and I could not and would not skip out on seeing family.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

To hunt white tails here in Iowa all you have to do is get a non resident tag for zone 5 and then let me know. Of course the catch is you then have to get someone else to come to kansas for a hunt of some type.

As far as letting you pick the spot, as long as it's on my land or land I have permission to hunt, and as long as the spot you want to hunt from does not include the interior of my home or the sanctuary I have set aside, why not.

Sounds good AF. Any of you yahoos up for a snipe hunt in Kansas??