Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questions from non-hunters at work..

Old 01-17-2008, 08:47 AM

Default Questions from non-hunters at work..

You would think teachers would be smart right? well, I had more than one teacher ask me if this deer was dead when I took the pic!!! Wow!! I told them no, but he put up a fight while I was on his back!!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Questions from non-hunters at work..

Now that you mention, how did you stay on him going full gallop like that

I guess you have to realise that someone who has never seen a dead animal up close much less hunted doesnt have the same impression as the rest of us.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I hope you gave them their sign!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot believe that you would endanger your kid like that. He could have been injured by that crazedwild animal! (J/K)

It is not just teachers. There are some in every line of work.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 AM

LOL!! Yeh, these people are teaching our future!!! Wait a second, I have dead deer on my computer screen, mud on my truck, Muzzy stickers all over my desk, and even more pics of dead deer on my desk.....hmm... Im teaching your kids!!! Yikes!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

LOL!! Yeh be these people are teaching our future!!! Wait a second, I have dead deer on my computer screen, mud on my truck, Muzzy stickers all over my desk, and even more pics of dead deer on my desk.....hmm... Im teaching your kids!!! Yikes!!!!!!!
I hope my little girl has a teacher like yourself Vab! You 2 could compare broadheads and debate the angle vs the circumference times the length divided by the sharpness ect ect ect ect....! Joking aside Vab I had a teacher in high school that was tremendous! It was a wildlife biology class and this teacher was something else, he taught the kids in the class that hunting was a necessity and it was needed to keep things in check. We don't have to many of these teachers around anymore so I say hats off to you and keep up the good work. Another thing too, it just isn't some of the teachers that are a little out in left field. The room mates I had in college thought that milk was made in a factory and that it was a powder substance and that it was not made from cows, I told them my dad was a milk hauler and that milk came from the cows. They had a hard time believing that so I then took them out to a farm place where my dad picked up milk at the farm place, that got there attention then. City slickers are so much missing the real world!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Nowadays, people are so out-of-touch that unless the animal has 'x's for eyes, they're not really sure what a dead thing looks like.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Bartender

I luv the ol did you catch one? I say hell yes I lost 3/4 lbs this year and some reason I was so fast and actuallycaught one but he was bit small so I let him go. lol
That last part really messes them up and then I say yes I killed one.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

I luv the ol did you catch one? I say hell yes I lost 3/4 lbs this year and some reason I was so fast and actuallycaught one but he was bit small so I let him go. lol
That last part really messes them up and then I say yes I killed one.
Yea I here this one alot...Did ya catch any? I say hell I wasn't fishing I was hunting!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

The suspense is killing me...... WAS HE DEAD OR NOT? you cant leave us hanging like that...... lol

Quick Reply: Questions from non-hunters at work..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.