Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questions from non-hunters at work..

Old 01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Questions from non-hunters at work..

One of the funnier things that got me was when I was telling people about bowhunting for elk, and they asked could a bow kill an elk? From the non-hunters I chuckled cause I kind of expect that but when a couple “hunters” asked me as well…..that made me wonder a bit
Old 01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya it is a wonder how people change there ideas to fit there needs and wonts
ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Oh.... so I guess it's ok to kill animals when they disturb the liberals environment...go figure man, I would love to have acces to some these neighborhood deer here!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Newhunter1 at work

Lets see...F-150 truck with stickers like "bowtech" "Duck or Bleed" and my favorite "Vegetarians...Indian name for bad hunter." Before the teacher down the hall retired, I made sure I parked next to her SUV. I did this on days that the tailgate was rather bloody, the truck was rather muddy, and her SUV was rather clean...that is until I slammed my doors.
Dude... If I ever found out that some redneck trashbag was harassing my wife by trying to offend herwith hisgory truckbed - intentionally leaving it covered in blood- then deliberately flinging mud all over her car... He'd find out how fun it was to change 4 flat tires all at the same time. LMAO That's if he had any truck left... at all...

I really don't understand the paranoia on this board that "liberals" are out to get you people.

Y'all run them to the pits of hell in one breath, but then you're bragging about how they let you hunt on their property in the next. And they're the ones preserving all the public hunting areas that y'all seem to enjoy so much...

Ignorant and ungrateful is no way to go through life.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:09 PM

Wow, quicksilver, are you angry?? I don't agree with purposely antagonizing someone that doesn't hunt, butI ain't cleaning my truck for em either. I am not a redneck and I don't think New hunter is either, maybe he shouldn't have thrownmud on her truck, but I mean maybe we didn'tget the whole story.. Im educated, sometimes far more than the liberals thatI deal with. Most do not give me any trouble, in fact I have made a few liberal friends at school, I do not see me as being paranoid, I just know that being white, male, andChristian ain't always the most popular thing to be, certainly not around the education world, that is all..
Old 01-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

hahahahha
Old 01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking of hunting arround people these days is like talking about drowning your neighbor's dog! I swear people are just not the same these days. And Vabowman....we have some very uneducated "educated" people out there these days! What kind of idiot thinks that deer is still alive and would allow you to sit on it's back??? LOL!!!! Good lord.

shadow
Old 01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, quicksilver, are you angry?? I don't agree with purposely antagonizing someone that doesn't hunt, butI ain't cleaning my truck for em either. I am not a redneck and I don't think New hunter is either, maybe he shouldn't have thrownmud on her truck, but I mean maybe we didn'tget the whole story.. Im educated, sometimes far more than the liberals thatI deal with. Most do not give me any trouble, in fact I have made a few liberal friends at school, I do not see me as being paranoid, I just know that being white, male, andChristian ain't always the most popular thing to be, certainly not around the education world, that is all..
Vabow - Maybe I'm outside the loop on this one, but I don't quite see the pervasive liberal "anti-hunting" culture in school. Half of my teachers hunted. I even hunted withone of my law school professors a few times. Maybe things are different up here in PA.

Where I have a problem is that this idiot comes on here, boasting aboutharassing some female co-worker by flinging filth all over her clean car and intentionally leaving blood and guts all over his truck, just b/c she finds it patently offensive...And expects us to be amused? Sorry.

A hard-working woman goes out and spends god knows how many dollars to get herselfan education - then she gets a job to support herself... Then she comes to work and gets toput up with this trailerpark crap? Just not something that I would condone...

Old 01-17-2008, 05:48 PM

Quicksilver, out of 163 teachers in my school, 4 of us hunt. That's it. There are about 15 vegans, lots of non-hunters with only one opinion of hunters that they see. My county has become very urbanized in the last 15 yrs. Before that, it wasn't an issue. Im not saying that we fight with the anti's and the nons everyday, but we know who each other are as well. Im professional about all the conversations I have with those who do not like what I do. Trust me Quick, I do not condone retaliation or harassment of those who are different. Most of these teachers are from way away from here, this is where I grew up, this is where I farmed, and this is the same place that these outsiders took that farm and this small town way of life away from those who still breathe it. They did not set out to do it with hurtful strikes, but it still happened, and Im not going to change my lifestyle because they are here. I can live with them, if they can live with me. No hard feelings Quicksilver, I understand where you are coming from too, cut New Hunter some slack though, we don't know his whole situation.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just know that being white, male, andChristian ain't always the most popular thing to be, certainly not around the education world, that is all..
it ant any more between Affirmative action and all the crap about immigrates
being white male and even a hunter is the minority that no one cares about

woman wont you to open the door pay for dine but they also wont a promotion over a man because there a woman.

Black people fought to be treated equal and wonted in the same restrooms and school as white people. but now they wont to get in front of a white man in a collage because there black

I think one day white American men will be the minority that is saw as having be discriminated against.

i knew a two kids that tried to get in the same school
one was like one 1/4 black got in over the white kid when the white kid had better grades.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:31 PM

Being a hunting teacher isn't the easiest thing in the world. Iam the lone hunter on a staff of over a 100.Every one knows where I stand and very few have attempted to give me grief about my passion for hunting (the ones that did really don't talk to me anymore since I moved into an administrative position). My favorite question is "did you catch one", I get that from kids and peers. The students from my class love the end of each quarter because we have deer jerky day, very few have turned it down. By the way the school club coordinator did not ask me to moderate the animal rights club in the school. I don't know why.

Quick Reply: Questions from non-hunters at work..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.