Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Street Cred???

Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Street Cred???

A toss up between Arthur P and BobCo19-65
Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

A toss up between Arthur P and BobCo19-65
Oh we were talking Side-Streets?? lol Come on thats funny!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:07 AM

I have learned lots of things from lots of people, or at least gotten good advice. Shed33, Schultzy, GregH, and yes GMATT has given me some insight on a few things. IAhuntr gave me some sound advice, many others as well, but those stick out right away.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Folks should pay more attention to what is being said than who is saying it. Some folks type a novel that doesn't say **** and others can convey a novel in one sentence .
Old 01-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are 3kinds of people on this site: People who hunt deer successfully, people who hunt deer unsuccessfully, and people who talk about hunting deer.

I don't have much trouble separating the wanna-bees from the real deal.To a man, I'd say that once you scoop the cream off the top, you'll find a pretty large group of guys who will killnice deer no matter where they go.These are people who aren't afraid to wear out a set of boots, who make their own luck. They know the animal they're after, they know how it behaves, they know how to hunt it, and have proven that they can do it their way - even in the face of adversity.

I'm not gonna list them all, b/c I know I'll leave people out, andthere are a ton of guys on here whose opinions I value. I've been fortunate enough to be teamed up with a lot of 'em over the past3 years.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 AM

Folks should pay more attention to what is being said than who is saying it. Some folks type a novel that doesn't say **** and others can convey a novel in one sentence .
Was that a poke at me? I mean really, just because I can type without looking at the keyboard and can use more than one or two fingers when doing so doesn't mean I know any less about archery.

I'm also not posting from work so I have more time to compose a post.

Just messin' with ya.

Paul
Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Was that a poke at me? I mean really, just because I can type without looking at the keyboard and can use more than one or two fingers when doing so doesn't mean I know any less about archery.

I'm also not posting from work so I have more time to compose a post.

Just messin' with ya.

Paul
LOL Not at all. You are actually one of the ones that is good just typing a sentence . You just happen to put more than one together on occasion LOL .
Old 01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

There are 3kinds of people on this site: People who hunt deer successfully, people who hunt deer unsuccessfully, and people who talk about hunting deer.

I don't have much trouble separating the wanna-bees from the real deal.To a man, I'd say that once you scoop the cream off the top, you'll find a pretty large group of guys who will killnice deer no matter where they go.These are people who aren't afraid to wear out a set of boots, who make their own luck. They know the animal they're after, they know how it behaves, they know how to hunt it, and have proven that they can do it their way - even in the face of adversity.

I'm not gonna list them all, b/c I know I'll leave people out, andthere are a ton of guys on here whose opinions I value. I've been fortunate enough to be teamed up with a lot of 'em over the past3 years.
Amen!

That about sums it up.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: huntingson

So Jim, I tally your at 445? Please correct me if going to jail twice counts twice. I wasn't sure.
I need some help with the difference in "been to jail" and " Been in prison"

Besides the 25 point bonus for prison.

And I get dookie for being fast enough to be shot at and missed ,W.T.F.
Jail usually refers to going to county or the city lock up for a short time or being arrested and held for a few days then released. Normally for misdemeanors or small felonies. Also jail usually implies that you were there less than a year, usually 6 months or less.

Prison is for extended periods of time for more serious felonies. If you get sentenced to more than 6 months you are usually going to prison. Also I believe prisons are state funded, not local or county funded like most jails. I have been told if you are going to do time for more than a few months prison is actually preferred because the amenities and freedoms are better than what you would get in jail.

When you hear someone say they have done "hard time" it means they have been to prison.

And there are different levels of prisons depending on how severe your crime was. From minimum security for non violent crimes to maximum security for repeat violent offenders that have been deemed a threat to society and will be there the rest of their lives.

Paul
Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 AM

LOL Not at all. You are actually one of the ones that is good just typing a sentence . You just happen to put more than one together on occasion LOL .

On occasion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.