Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What The PETA People Don't Understand Is...

Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What The PETA People Don't Understand Is...

Animals...fun to pet....better to chew.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

This is a good book to read, related to the subject :

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Hunting (Politically Incorrect Guides) (Paperback)
by Frank Miniter

(I wish every Anti would read this before opening their mouth.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

What The PETA People Don't Understand Is...

That we are very educated people, not a bunch of red necks like they think! These Peta folks are some of the most uneducated people I've ever met!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

that all animals eat other living things, plant or animal. Some plants do to. That its OK to be the natural animal you are, as long as there's no malice in your actions.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I think the biggest thing they don't understand is the negative implications of eliminating hunting. Nor do they want to.
Very true.

PETA doesn't understand just how much hunters do to support wildlife conservation and habitat restoration (both directly and indirectly through license fees).

They don't understand how much we love, admire, and respect the animals we pursue.

They don't understand that bowhunters spend hundreds of hours practicing their archery skills so that they can HUMANELY kill their quarry with no suffering.

All of the deerthat I've killed suffered far less than most humans will at the end of our lives! I hope my own death is as quick and humane as the deaths of the animals that my arrows have killed. I've watched PEOPLE suffer for months and years from Cancer, Alzheimers, etc. but PETA doesn't seem to care when it's HUMANS suffering. Something is wrong with that.

I wish they'd spend their time, money, and energy working to prevent HUMAN suffering. Lord knows there's too much of that in this world.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

What The PETA People Don't Understand Is... How many millions if not billions of dollars that we pump into the economy each year. Also all the money and work that WE not they put into conservation projects.
Also they dont understand that what they need to do is to go to Alaska and tell the bears that its wrong to eat meat and make friends with the bears like Timothy Treadwell (sp?) did[8D]
Old 01-17-2008, 04:52 PM

What The PETA People Don't Understand Is... Hunters raise more money for conservation efforts in a year than their organization can do in any one persons lifetime.