Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What The PETA People Don't Understand Is...

Old 01-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What The PETA People Don't Understand Is...

There are acouple ofbig things they don't understand. Besides life in general................

*Life feeds on life. Regardless if that life belonged to an animal or plant, a living being must kill in order to survive.
*The houses they live in, the cars they drive, the roads they drive on,the factories that produce their computers and other day to day thingsthey use etc... etc... all destroyed theplaces that countless animals use to call "home".
Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are forgetting that there is historical evidence that strongly suggests that the co-founder and current CEO of PETA is a mentally unbalanced extremist of acultist nature. To give them any kind of forum is silly and ridiculous. Hopefully, the F.B.I. will conclude their investigation of this organization and indictments will follow and PETA will be dismantled. This would bring a stop to their crimes against humanity and teach people to be careful of this kind of agenda in the future.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It does no good to talk rationally about irrational people. The point was made that hunting is more humane than a slaughterhouse. Well, they want to shut down the slaughterhouse, too! Think you're an animal lover because you are kind to dogs and cats? They don't think you should have pets either! People have been eating meat since there have been people. They don't care. They will deny it and insist that you stop now! Screw these people!

As in any radical group there are some well-meaning people. People who care about animals and don't believe in cruelty but are mis-guided and a little unstable. Then there are the other people. The people who run these organizations. The vile parasites who hide behind the well-meaning group. The ones who really want to change society to their way of thinking. Who want to change our form of government and take away all our freedoms. The ones who would prefer Stalin to Reagan.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

1) That we take more time than they think studying, appreciating and respecting what we hunt more than they will evey know.

2) while it may seem creepy Germ spooning a deer is really a show of respect.

3) In a handcap match with the AFL hunters would still win.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

What The PETA People Don't Understand Is... They have killed more animals in 1 year than any 5 hunters combined will kill in a lifetime, but yet WE'RE savages?
And the animals they murdered were obtained under the lie that peta would find a good home for the. Then they were killed in the back of a van on the side of the road and thrown in a dumpster.

But I'm inhumane.................
Old 01-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

You cannot reason with these people. They will stand there with their Birkenstock sandals (leather) and Liz Claiborne purse (leather) and tell you how horrible it is that you kill animals.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Spike

Unfortunately they put animals up on a pedestal and consider them equal to humans. This doesn't allow for rational thought. I wish they would take a look at the numbers and realize that growing deer populations can be dangerous to humans when you consider deer-vehicle collisions. Here are some facts from an article I wrote (posted on weloveoutdoors.com) a while back that I wish some of the PETA folks would see...

"A five-state study (TranSafety, Inc. 1997) showed there were 21,470 deer-vehicle collisions in 1985 and 36,332 in 1991. During this time, 112 human fatalities[/b] occurred due to deer-vehicle collisions. The reason for such a dramatic increase is due to a declining hunter population and an increasing urbanization of rural America. There are other studies that suggest 90-95% of these collisions result in the death of the animal, leaving 5-10% to wander off with internal injuries or broken legs and backs. In my opinion, these statistics far outweigh the 20% (non-lethal[/b]) wounding rate of bow hunters."

IMO,no amountof deer lives (or any other animal) are worth the life of one of those humans killed in the collisions. Maybe that would jog them back into reality but I think that is too optimistic.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Dominant Buck

All true, but they do know that. That is why they are agianst all things related to harming an animal. They protest all industries that do the things you mentioned.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 AM

What PETA people don't understand is........ the basic concept of reality! I put them right up there with scientologists, most of which are probably peta members anyway.

Paul
Old 01-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Dominant Buck

What The PETA People Don't Understand Is... That although I take a few deer every year.....I am a lover of the very animals I pursue. I worry about whether they (as a HERD) have enough to eat......that their habitat is suitable.....and I worry about how the few affects the many.

As I mature as a hunter (remember....we're all in this for our own, personal reasons)....these things will shape how I approach each season more and more. I can see the day coming (sooner, rather than later) when killing a deer is not important. If someone else can take care of this aspect of the overall experience.....that will be fine with me.

What they don't know is.....by taking a few deer....we're being responsible stewards of earth.....and that is WHY we do what we do. We serve a noble cause. They will just never acknowledge these facts.

Quick Reply: What The PETA People Don't Understand Is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.