Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone hunting IL tomorrow?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone hunting IL tomorrow?

I put the wraps on my bow season on Sunday. Saw 1 big buck from the stand in my first hunt at some new property I landed in October. Had an encounter with another big boy last Saturday morning, and that didn't work out as I planned [&:]. Only deer I shot was a very small doe in late October that was sick with blue tongue. Not exactly a banner season, but I'm looking at the bright side. This was my sons first year hunting and we made some great memories in the process. He even witnessed me kill my best buck to date during the shotgun season. At this point I am looking ahead to shed hunting all the bucks I didn't get a crack at during the season.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone hunting IL tomorrow?

Headin' out in the morning to do some stillhunting with my son. He's hopeing to nail a doe. I've had a great season and don't need anymore meat so I'll just use the binocs to help spot. Great end to the season to finish up on the last day.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not me.. I've shot enough deer this year.. My grandpa and uncle are going.. I keep telling them for every doe they shoot that is 3 less deer for next year.. lol They don't care though.. Good Luck to them I guess..

Old 01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, called it quits last weekend. Gotta got to work.[:'(]
Old 01-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe you guys could help me? Im from NC and my buds and i are planning a bow hunting trip to IL in 08. We are looking for some archery only public lands. What areas are the best an dhow do we go about applying for non-resident permits? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Antlerless only is OTC at Walmart and many other retailers. You have to apply for the either sex tag.

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/index.htm
Old 01-16-2008, 08:26 PM

No but I wish I was. Season is out here. Good Luck to you guys.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres a link to some public hunting land in IL. I would suggest a good area, but hey...its IL. Theres a 170" buck behind every tree.[8D]

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/hunter_fact_sheet/
Old 01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant make it tomorrow, have to work.Sunday was my last day out bowhunting. I might head out this weekend for the antlerless gun season. I can pretty much give up hope for bagging a bigger buck than my wife, this was her first year hunting and she smoked a super 8 pointer sunday night. I passed on several nice 130-140 class deer this year but she did out do me. Here are a couple pictures, one heck of a buck for a rookie not to mention this late in the season.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Heres a link to some public hunting land in IL. I would suggest a good area, but hey...its IL. Theres a 170" buck behind every tree.[8D]
No no, 140's behind every tree, 170's have to be looked for behind several trees. [8D]

Anyway, Any of you IL'ins, WI'ns near the NW corner of IL?

Here's your shot at ole mod/admin Rob, I'll be there Nov this year!

Quick Reply: Anyone hunting IL tomorrow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.