Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many of you USE your archery land?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Default RE: How many of you USE your archery land?

I live on 140 acre farm and me and my DH use it all year round. I try to stay out of some of the areas during bow season with some exceptions. I do fall turkey hunt with a gun a couple days each year and we rabbit hunt, but not until after all our deer gun seasons are over. Then there is turkey in the spring. I sometimes like to just go for a walk and even out of season, I will sometimes go out dressed in camo just to sit and watch.

1/2 of the farm is used for crop/vegetable production. Especially with the vegetables, there are always people out picking or driving the tractor or whatever. The deer don't seem to mind. Although, I do wonder sometimes if it does make them more nocturnal than in other places. But you know, during the pre-rut and rut, it doesn't seem to matter. I always see deer during the day then.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

My land is used for hunting of all sorts. I also cut wood there and other things.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:34 PM

Off subject a bit, but here goes: I'd love to own a piece of hunting land and a tractor. I'd maintain a strip of land 2 disk widths wide right along a woods edge, with my tree stand all set up. Early bow season, I'd run that disk up and down, then climb up in my stand. I've noticed that when you open up fresh earth, deer are on it immediately. There's a strong odor, and a change in their environment. It would be a great way to fill a doe tag.