Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

They know it is over.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default They know it is over.

The deer that is, since the end of the seaon,I have seen 8 deer out in the middle of the day, and also saw a buck that would easily gross 130's as either a 3.5 or a 4.5, and he was only 50 yards from me[]. If only we had one more week. Is anyone else seeing this pattern of more deer poping out since they dont have to worry about being shot.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: They know it is over.

I believe that 100%.

It's the same story here in Jersey. The pressure stops and the deer appear again, or they justhave NJ Fish and Game book at their disposal.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

They truly are cruel, taunting beasts for sure. It's almost as if they allget a subliminale-mail letting them know it's all-clear.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The season isn't officially over here yet, but the deer think it is. My wife called me at work today to tell me that 7 bucks were 100 yards behind the house in the middle of one of our picked corn fields at 10:45AM. I literally didn't think we had that many left around here. They must be camera shy.

The sad part is that my dad is still out there hunting and he hasn't seen a buck from his stand since November. He wasn't hunting today and they walked right past at least3 of our stands. Poor guy can't catch a break.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

The deer that is, since the end of the seaon,I have seen 8 deer out in the middle of the day, and also saw a buck that would easily gross 130's as either a 3.5 or a 4.5, and he was only 50 yards from me[]. If only we had one more week. Is anyone else seeing this pattern of more deer poping out since they dont have to worry about being shot.
Tell your deer to give mine a call. I got two weeks of bow season left!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

less presure + need for feed= more sightings At least in my area
Old 01-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

17 deer in the feild this afternoon, got 8 on video including an 8 point, but it was right at dark so you can not see his horns, then my tape messed up right when they all came out [:'(]I did get some geese on video today as well , to badI can not get the video on the computer.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have 2 more weeks and i saw the biggest deer of my life this morning on the way to school. it was so awesome.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: 125py

less presure + need for feed= more sightings At least in my area
Amen.

They know, they also know when it is coming too as far as I'm concerned. More human encounters, odors, guns being sighted in, small game seasons, etc..etc..they know.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

u know i am also a believer that due to our hunting selection the deer have also adapted to the "phases" of the planet...temps, weather, moon, etc....an internal clock that tells them to hide and one that says no need to hide....that is just what i always have thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.