Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mind-numbingly dumb idea
30.95%
Stupid
28.57%
Plausible
26.19%
Actually, not a bad idea
2.38%
Ingenious!
11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Space Blanket Challenge - hni Mythbusters

Old 01-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Space Blanket Challenge - hni Mythbusters

ORIGINAL: Howler

I told you, I'm on it...........................
And once you got the requested pics. taken care of, I want to see a pic. of the little space blanket folded neatly back to it's original size!

LOL!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought that there were some posts where they were talking about carrying a plexi-glass like shield
mirror around with them for turkey hunting. Am I remembering that right? That sounds like a variation
on your idea that might have some merit. Something that is mobile that you can keep out of the sun
that is made of solid plastic would seem like something that some sucker hunters might buy.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fran .... you MUST write a BOOK!!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Site Bouncer

Hell, I'm still wondering if those space blankets even work for what they're intended to, much less another purpose.

I must admithowever, I have one in my first aid kit............don't count on any photos of me in a tree wrapped in it though.[&:]
Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

So, over 45% of you guys actually think this brainstorm is at least "plausible," but still nobody has taken the initiative to conduct the test?

I challenge any one of you guys toprove the rest of us wrong (or right) as the case may be.

Man is she hot. I think it's the way she handles powertools and explosives. I wonder if she hunts?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like it could work, You could also take a million fiber optic cables and make a suit out of them, you would be invisable.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

So, over 45% of you guys actually think this brainstorm is at least "plausible," but still nobody has taken the initiative to conduct the test?

I challenge any one of you guys toprove the rest of us wrong (or right) as the case may be.

Man is she hot. I think it's the way she handles powertools and explosives. I wonder if she hunts?
I believe she's a vegetarian.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think it could work however when i think about it, even on a cloudy day, it would reflect a lot of light...thus being more of an attractant and not a source of "camo" .... i mean when you are walking at the fair and see something silver and shinning on the ground it catches your attention (like a quarter) but how many people would see a dull old penny laying on the ground...very few i would think....

i do hope someone takes the challenge and takes some pics..i am curious.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick, it's been done before.

I've seen ground blinds made of mirror material for sale in catalogs before. And one was like a shield you could carry in front of you while sneaking up your prey. I think Cabelas used to sell them.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I believe she's a vegetarian.

[:-][:-][:-][:-]

Just saying... A girl who loves vegetables... Maybe not so bad.

Quick Reply: Space Blanket Challenge - hni Mythbusters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.