Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

36" ATA bow guys....another question

Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 36" ATA bow guys....another question

Thanks, Greg. looking forward to getting mine.

Matt: You're right...and I'm gonna get an SKB before the Fall. I just love the soft case to throw the bow in and put it in the back of my truck for the 2 mi. ride down to the indoor range. I use that soft case a lot.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do yourself a favor and don't get the SKB Freedom case. We had several of them arrive in the shop that got cracked in shipping. If UPS can break one with nothing heavy in it and while in a box, I have no faith for what the knuckleheads at the airlines can do to it when it's got heavy stuff inside and no cardboard box. Get the regular SKB, or a Vanguard if your going to drop the $$$ on a hard case.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard the same many times, Matt... good advice.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,

My 82nd fits perfectly in my Bowtech soft cases...

Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, Greg. I may look into one of those. I'm almost sure it isn't going ot fit into my Primos case.

So rub it in a little.....how's that thing shooting? What #-age are you shooting it at? Speed? Arrow weight?

When you get some time. Thanks for the case info.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just set up my rest and tied in my nocksets and d-loop on today... Haven't even got a peep in it yet, but I was out back shooting from about 10 yards into my bag earlier. She's set at 64 lbs right now, and is an absolute DREAM.

The new Invelvet finish is incredible... it really is the cat's meow. Very rubbery and super-quiet... I can see this stuff saving a shot at a deer if you accidentally bumped your stand getting ready for a shot opportunity.

The cams are the prettiest-designed works of art I've yet seen on a bow. I know, I know... that doesn't have THING to do with the bow's performance, but I love the way these cams look.

So far... I'm EXTREMELY pleased with this bow!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I just set up my rest and tied in my nocksets and d-loop on today... Haven't even got a peep in it yet, but I was out back shooting from about 10 yards into my bag earlier. She's set at 64 lbs right now, and is an absolute DREAM.

The new Invelvet finish is incredible... it really is the cat's meow. Very rubbery and super-quiet... I can see this stuff saving a shot at a deer if you accidentally bumped your stand getting ready for a shot opportunity.

The cams are the prettiest-designed works of art I've yet seen on a bow. I know, I know... that doesn't have THING to do with the bow's performance, but I love the way these cams look.

So far... I'm EXTREMELY pleased with this bow!
I have really been wondering why someone hasn't done this before,we need pics.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Airbornes will fit in my SKB 4114 just fine sounds like, both of mine are ordered in special camos but got the word it should not be too much longer

Dan
Old 01-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

we need pics.
'Bout to walk out the door to take my oldest son to a monster truck show ... I'll try to find the time to throw something together over the weekend.

Problem is, it's the first weekend after hunting season... You ever seen what kind of honey-do list can get piled up after four months' of hunting??
Old 01-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Prior to buying my Ally I've never owned a bow shorter than 36" ATA. I'm very happy to see an outstanding bow like Bowtech in a 36" bow, I'm very anxious for mine to come.