Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Problems with Mathews Drenalin!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:00 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Problems with Mathews Drenalin!!!

Well on a single cam bow, I doubt they would replace it. You can adjust the yokes to take out idler wheel lean. Did they measure the cam lean of the cam? But I never did like those skinny limbs. I would much rather have a switchback over issues like this.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:36 PM
neb
Typical Buck

I will tell you that I have owned many different bows of different brands and Mathew has been the very best out of all the company's I have done business with. There has to be more to the story.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:42 PM

Sorry, I guess that the dealer is going to call mathews tommoro and find out but if they dont replace it then this is the second time that they havent, that i Know of,one was the same problem on a switchback and the guy said that after he noticed this on his that he went and looked at all the others on the shelf and they all had diffrent cam lean. I dont have any Complaints about my outback, very nice bow but time for an upgrade.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't it true that since the Drenalin has come out there have been a number of reported limb situations? Could it be from the very slim and light limbs?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Isn't it true that since the Drenalin has come out there have been a number of reported limb situations? Could it be from the very slim and light limbs?
At our shop, we sold around 150 drenalins and out of the 150 I can only remember 2 coming back with limb problems. One was from a dryfire and the other was from overtightening the limb boltswhen the customer tried to max out the draw weight.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

It's been found that most of the issues that have been reported have been due to improper pressing of the limbs causing a fracture near the limb pocket. Who knows if the slim limbs have anything to do with this situation. I would think that slimmer limbs would reduce lean since the pull on either side would be less drastic because the axle is shorter.

Anyway I would think that Mathews would help remedy the problem. I would contact them directly if the shop won't help your buddy.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what lifetime warranties are for. Contact Mathews direct, hell send them a link to this string here and I bet ya it gets resolved quickly and professionally. No company wants negative stories on internet hunting sites. Too much coverage too quickly.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can say as an employee of a Mathews pro shop, that if they knew the cam was leaning and it was a manufacturing defect that Mathews would replace it. I've worked on a LOT of bows over the last 2 years and am yet to see them deny a legitimate warranty claim, they are the easiest to work with company we sell when it comes to this kind of thing.

Now if it was leaning due to a dry fire, etc.........they may be hesitant but would still likely replace it. It sounds likely that if the string needs replaced this soon and the cam is now leaning that the bow was possibly dry fired causing this damage. I'm not sure what the exact whole story is here, but something is missing from this story, I guarantee this..........
Old 01-15-2008, 04:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

It sounds likely that if the string needs replaced this soon and the cam is now leaning that the bow was possibly dry fired causing this damage. I'm not sure what the exact whole story is here, but something is missing from this story, I guarantee this..........
yep yep and yep
Old 01-15-2008, 06:06 AM

Well nothings missing unless he dident tell me the whole story, but i do know that it hasent been dry fired and like i said it wouldent be the first time they havent. (Look at Post 13)

Quick Reply: Problems with Mathews Drenalin!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.