Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do you think about the new double bull camo?

Old 01-15-2008, 04:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: what do you think about the new double bull camo?

Too closed, might as well be Ameristep Tangle.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

So wait a minute. Primos bought out BigGameTreestands?...because they are the one that was producing the Groundmax Escape and Eclipse blinds. Now they are going to be in some of the Predator patterns?

Hmm, pay alot of money for a blind with a pattern I like.

Pay alot less money for a blind in a pattern I do not like.

Sounds like I can't win.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:19 AM

They arent going to make everyone happy no matter what camo they are using. For years after they went to deception I had a lot of customers wanting something else than deception. Now there is a choice.

A matrix style blind in deception and a dark horse in ground swat. Sounds like a win win situation for all blind hunters to me. See for yourself

www.primos.com

rick

Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Primos® Hunting Calls™ is proud to announce the acquisition of GROUND MAX® Hunting Blinds. Primos® Ground Max® hunting blinds feature either Matrix® or Predator All Purpose Deception Camouflage. New products in 2008 from Primos® Ground Max® hunting blinds include The Vision™, The Scout™, The Navigator, and The Excursion
I like that. They give you the choice of either pattern on the Groundmax blinds which should please both thehigh detailand open pattern guys. I actually kind of like the look of the new Vision blind even with the Predator pattern. Any clue as to what it is going for? I sincerely doubt it will sell for the $100 that its predecessor, the Eclipse, was selling at. Speaking of which, where are the Eclipse and Escape models? Did they honestly dump them in favor of the original "Ameristep" models...Navigator aka Outhouse....Excursion aka Doghouse and Scout aka the Chair blind. The Eclipse and Escape models were excellent options at their respective price points...and built darn good too.[>:]
Old 03-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Spike

I have had a DB T5 since they came out and switched to a long bow last year, so now I am in the market for a recurve version. I liked the Dark Horse features 1/2 Matrix 1/2 T5, but the Camo Pattern is a bust for me, so I'll be sticking with the Matrix to get the Predator pattern.

Everyone looks at these camo's like we are hunting humans? It has nothing to do with wether you are hunting in pine trees or open scrub, it's all about black and white and shades of grey, and this new pattern will look like a blob because there is just not enough pure separation in the colors to create the contrast you find in the woods. Heck a Hawian shirt pattern works better in the woods then most of the popular camo patterns available today.

Predator and Asat are probably the two most effective camo patterns for hunting, but are also the least "cool" to look at for shoppers of camo. Go take some Black and White photos in the woods and you will see the difference in camos - this site http://www.whitetail.com/camo1.htmlhas some great pics of what camo looks like when animals see it.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

do you think it will blob?
No doubt.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ive seen this pattern, and the other pattern side by side, and i honestly think that the new one looks better
Old 03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like any other run of the mill blind to me now, but of course it is built better than the others I presume.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM

After setting one up in person day before yesterday, I've decided I like the Matrix I own much better.

I like the design of the Darkhorse, but the Predator camo on the Matrix can't be beat. That Ground Swat looks awful, in my opinion.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes.

Quick Reply: what do you think about the new double bull camo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.