Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Man Cave ideas..

Old 01-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Man Cave ideas..

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Thanks Schultzy. I'm not much of a carpenter, and it took me a good 2 months of working on it to get it done. The end product turned out good though! Its inside of my Morton building, gathering place for my pheasant hunters and throwing some parties.
Thats some good work you did! Your going to have to let me know when the partys are! The Dakota's aren't to far away from Minnesota. Thats a nice looking bear and whitetail!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 AM

Good work Rammer. I like what you have done. Maybe sometime this year I will get your way and stop in and see it first hand.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Here's a link to the rest of the pictures of what I did.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/ramboss429/Hunting%20Photos/
Old 01-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

My man caveis finally about maxed out/ not a lot of space left.....itstime to start filling the new gable end walls in our new great room addition with taxidermy.. Probably gonna take me 20 years up there...

My man cave is loaded with sheds (exposed beams lined with them), buck racks on barn wood and tamarack knots along with several shoulder mounts, a few bulls (3) 7x7, 6x5 and 5x5, ... some cool outdoor prints.. concrete stamped floor that looks like acamoflauge pattern... comfy sectional couch, chair and big screen tv... Hvy bag and dumbbell set for working out.. wood stove...etc.. I'll post some pix tonight when I get home..

I have one nice elk hide and bear rug too.. couple bear skulls but they are all upstairs..no room in the cave..My wife and I will get our antlers chandelier made this summer from the elk sheds I have set aside for that and we have a lot of masonary work to do..to the great room... I want to fill it with mounts (elk, whitetail,mule deer, lopers etc ononewall andand full body predators mounts on the other) all it takes is money for those mounts...so its gonna take me a long time..1 to 2 mounts per year max most likely..
Old 01-14-2008, 11:30 AM

What about a gray???
Old 01-14-2008, 11:34 AM

Mine's a shadowy green (It's even called "warm shadow") It really makes the antlers and especially white skulls stand out against it.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I moved last year I lost my big nice man cave I spent 2 years building. I had pine trim and 2 large pine posts, etc and I used antique white from Sherwin Williams on the walls. I thought that it went great with the mounts.

Now I have everything in my fireplace/family room. I did one wall in cedar planks and painted the rest "Navajo white" (wife pick don't ask me). It is basically another light brown. I like it as well.

Caveat: I am colorblind
Old 01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

earth tones look great for backgrounds.. We went to a lighter color in our basement since its so dark down there.. really looks good, especially in person.. with the mounts and antlers..
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

What about a gray???
That might be alright too! Its all up to you Vab, its your room and no one can say any different!!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm starting the MANsformation (process of making Man Cave) this weekend. Hideous wallpaper in that room currently (left from previous owner) that has to go, then paint/wood. Floor is original hardwood under the carper, so the carpet is definitely going out. Looking forward to getting it set up. My wife's turkey is going to be done really soon, so I need a nice spot to put it. Living room for a while probably, then to the cave.

Quick Reply: Man Cave ideas..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.