Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone tried this sight?

Old 01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone tried this sight?

if so, what are your thoughts?

http://keystonecountrystore.com/Arch...IG2759906.html
Old 01-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: anyone tried this sight?

It's on Germ's, Rob/PA's, mine.....I think Atlasman's....and soon to be on GR8's bows.

For myself....I love it....and I'm probably getting ready to order another one, myself.

BTW....that's a great price....if that is the Predator Pro.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a pretty good sight. I still think a Spott Hogg with the Hogg Wrap is the Ultimate sight though
Old 01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

It's a pretty good sight. I still think a Spott Hogg with the Hogg Wrap is the Ultimate sight though
Do you have first hand knowledge for each?

I like the Viper better than the Hoggbut I likethe copper john comp series the best.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

So I assume this sights pins are tough enough for hunting? I'm looking for a sight for 3d and hunting. My current sight doesnt have micro adjust, and I'm having problems getting it dialed in exactly as I want it.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Josh....

I've owned both sights (Spot Hogg - Hunter Hogg it and the Viper).

I'm one man......but instead of utilizing the SH I already had on my other bow.....I'm ordering another Viper.

Nothing at all against the SH.....but the Viper ....I ordered direct from Rick @ Viper. I got the pin colors and configuration I wanted (mine has 5 pins......029 green, .029 yellow, .010 red, .010 green, .010 yellow) @ no extra charge (except for the extra pin).
Old 01-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I played around with the sight pins on another sight at the bow shop, and I'm pretty sure I want all pins to be .010. Not too big on pin color (im more or less colorblind), but as long as they are visable enough for normal hunting conditions, I think I'm sold on it.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

So I assume this sights pins are tough enough for hunting? I'm looking for a sight for 3d and hunting. My current sight doesnt have micro adjust, and I'm having problems getting it dialed in exactly as I want it.
This sight only offers gang micro adjust.... The pins are not individually micro adjustable though like on the SH and CJ's. The biggest drawback of the sight IMO.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Rob can speak to that probably better than I.....but if it wasn't precise....he wouldn't be using it. You can not micro adjust each individual pin, actually. BUT.....I have NEVER had a problem with tuning my sight in a matter of a few arrows. The housing is micro-adjust....the individual pins are not.

At 310fps currently......it's good enough....and built like a rock.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

my current sight is a cobra boomslang (bought it last year when my previous sight crapped out, and just needed something simple to get me through the year). I'm having a hard problem moving the pins in small enough increments to get it dialed in correctly, but I think its mostly due to the lower grade of construction. I am currently shooting right at 300 fps.

Quick Reply: anyone tried this sight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.