Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***Mod's would you just close this one for me**

Old 01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ***Mod's would you just close this one for me**

I found/got a SUPER deal on a used 06' Ross 337 Competition bow. Just what I've been in the market for . I recieved it today when I got to work, because I had it shipped there.

After I got the box open (which was wrapped up like fort knox) and pulled the bow out of the box, I love the way it looked. Even the fruity (mobow) colored strings . It came with an STS, some cheap drop away, peep, loop, and about 3 sets of strings (not including the set on it [:-]), only one of the sets appear to be used.

The draw length is a bit long on me, so I have to go get a module for it. it wasn't too terribly long, so I could still shoot it.

Here are some pictures.

The strings (Mobow did you design these? )

and my first group at 30yds, I had some uni bushing deflections, just look at the angles.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 PM

Default RE: A new Brown truck surprise

Looks good Matt...so you put the kaibash to the Hoyt purchase? Looks like a good shooter.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

so you put the kaibash to the Hoyt purchase?
I'm still debating. If this one shoots up to my standards (which it's looking like it might) I'll probably not get the Hoyt.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrates Matt, cant go wrong with a Ross. Ive been toying around with the idea of a 37 comp. Ive got a 331 and a cardiac just not sure if I wanna shell out the dough for another bow at the moment. Yours does look sweet though.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:36 PM

That is sweet. Nice groups looks like you did good.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:49 PM

Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM

I'd be embarassed to shoot that thing with those flamboyant strings on them! J/k I hope it does well for you!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 PM

I can't wait to feel that way when I get my bow next week...hopefully! Congrats!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like I told Germ in the G5 post. I've wanted to shoot Ross, ever since this time last year. I had sold my Browning, to buy one. I almost had a deal worked out for a Ross 334, and about that time is when Andy and Angie offered me that bow. I decided to wait it out. I patiently waited, from February-August, "singing the Ross praise all the way." In June I bought a 337 to shoot, with my own money. Right after that i started working in the local pro-shop. Still awaiting the Cardiac for hunting season, I continued to shoot the 337, not intending to hunt with it.

I called the facotry sometime in late August/ early Sept to see how things were comming and if I would have the Cardiac for hunting season. They proceeded to tell me that I should plan on using what ever bow I was using at the time for hunting and that they hoped to have some later in the year.

I was VERY frustrated. I got a great deal on a Hoyt through the shop (shooter bow). So I took the offer, who wouldn't?

I shot the Vectrix XL from September until the end of December/Early Jan. Then I FINALLY recieved my Cardiac. I then put the Vectrix up for sale.

Then I bought this Competition.

I said a thing or two on here I regret, but I still wanted to shoot these bows BAD. Even though we didn't sell them in the shop I praised Ross's products this WHOLE time.

I regret a statement or two I've written on here, and I'll admit that. I shoudln't have said it. Apparently though, from the way everyone is jumping on me, no one has made a mistake. If I didn't like Ross why would I be dropping money on their bows? At some point can you guys move on with it?

*I'm leaving this one, it tells the whole story*
Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quick Reply: ***Mod's would you just close this one for me**

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.