Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***Mod's would you just close this one for me**

Old 01-10-2008, 08:12 PM

Default RE: A new Brown truck surprise

Old 01-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 01-10-2008, 08:37 PM

Dude, that is a sharp looking bow....Actually, I like the strings. I'm really toying w/ getting a set of WC pink and yellow for my Vectrix.....That wouldn't be gay, would it??
Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Dude, that is a sharp looking bow....Actually, I like the strings. I'm really toying w/ getting a set of WC pink and yellow for my Vectrix.....That wouldn't be gay, would it??

I'm really liking these strings actually. As gay as they may look, complete with the pink drop away rope. The are Ballistic strings, and appear to be Purple and Yellow speckled.

How about some matching Pink and Yellow fletchings. A pinkdrop away cord, and pink wraps? Now thatREALLY might send the wrong messege
Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Site Bouncer

Matt,

I'm happy for you and I'm glad you got the new bow. That being said I don't understand where this annoyance you're putting out is coming from.

Do you really think you can say the things you said and then "flip flop" from one extreme to another and have nobody call you out on it?

You can't see how this "new turn of events" just reeks with irony?

I mean come on!

Firstyou're on the Ross bandwagon and want to buy one badly, then you find out Ross was going to give you one for free and you're on board hook line and sinker. Then you go out and buy a CR337 and all is good, you're singing it's praises. Hold everything! now you get a job at a Pro Shop that you guessed it doesn't sell Ross!!!

Add to this situation with the fact that it's taking a long time for you to get your free bow and the subsequent "buzzing in your ear" (just my guess) from the boss about Hoyt and SHAZAM!! you're all over Hoyt like a cheap suit!

Now the CR337 gets sold, I even asked you about that and you said:
The 337 just didn't "feel" right to me, I just wasn't very comfortable with it
I was shocked because everything about it up till then it was great.

Then comes the infamous:
That's all the technology that Ross has to offer at the moment"
comment......and you said that more than once! while you wereproclaiming howHoyt is on the cutting edge,Hoyt this and Hoyt that bla...bla...bla.

Now we have come full circle, you finally received the freeCardiac and then you go and buyanother CR337 Why not...you have a brand new Cardiac, might as well go all out. Funny thing is.....Why do you think THIS CR337 will shoot anything differently than the other CR337 that you "just couldn't' get comfortable with"?

It's only now that there is a huge plate of steaming Crow in front of you do you play the "why can't people just let it go" card.

You seem like a pretty good kid but you still have some growing up to do. (IMO)
Old 01-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Matt,

I'm happy for you and I'm glad you got the new bow. That being said I don't understand where this annoyance you're putting out is coming from.

Do you really think you can say the things you said and then "flip flop" from one extreme to another and have nobody call you out on it?

You can't see how this "new turn of events" just reeks with irony?

I mean come on!

Firstyou're on the Ross bandwagon and want to buy one badly, then you find out Ross was going to give you one for free and you're on board hook line and sinker. Then you go out and buy a CR337 and all is good, you're singing it's praises. Hold everything! now you get a job at a Pro Shop that you guessed it doesn't sell Ross!!!

Add to this situation with the fact that it's taking a long time for you to get your free bow and the subsequent "buzzing in your ear" (just my guess) from the boss about Hoyt and SHAZAM!! you're all over Hoyt like a cheap suit!

Now the CR337 gets sold, I even asked you about that and you said:
The 337 just didn't "feel" right to me, I just wasn't very comfortable with it
I was shocked because everything about it up till then it was great.

Then comes the infamous:
That's all the technology that Ross has to offer at the moment"
comment......and you said that more than once! while you wereproclaiming howHoyt is on the cutting edge,Hoyt this and Hoyt that bla...bla...bla.

Now we have come full circle, you finally received the freeCardiac and then you go and buyanother CR337 Why not...you have a brand new Cardiac, might as well go all out. Funny thing is.....Why do you think THIS CR337 will shoot anything differently than the other CR337 that you "just couldn't' get comfortable with"?

It's only now that there is a huge plate of steaming Crow in front of you do you play the "why can't people just let it go" card.

You seem like a pretty good kid but you still have some growing up to do. (IMO)

I just didn't want to hunt with the 337. Plain and simple. I got it because I didn't even have a bow to shoot from February until June! Because when I was told about the Cardiac, they told it'd be 2 months.

I bought a Hoyt because I got it at an AMZING deal. And I needed a hunting bow.

I wasn't very "comfortable" hunting with that bow. I liked it, and it shot pretty well, (even though I didn't).

I've said it 18 thousand times, and I'll say it again, I REGRET that technology statement. Even though you seem to be the only one who keeps bringing it up.

Now you don't see where this annoyance is comming from? It's from posts like yours.

Once again, you and gr8 both made comments in the Cardiac thread. The old cliche fits well here, " if you don't have anything nice to say...."

Would it be possible for you to just get over all this. It's my money, I decided to buy another Ross, thats my decision. I DEFINATELY didn't do it to get beat up on here about it.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Once again, you and gr8 both made comments in the Cardiac thread. The old cliche fits well here, " if you don't have anything nice to say...."
Ah someones signature reads "words and arrows use them wisely once released they cannot be brought back"

My dear Matt..It's my fault? It's BigJ's fault??...maybe Mobos???I won't break peoples confidence but I could forward you PM after PM from prominant members and yes even Mods (plural), who said..thanks for saying what I couldn't.

You made your bed....You did.

If I was you ...I'd just let the Ross thing go for awhile...Talk in Generalities about hunting shooting etc.. If you bring up Bows, this thing is gonna bite you in the butt, you can blame any one of us (or all of us)who comment.....but I'm afraid the true blame lies elsewhere.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I see some blanks, what did I miss[8D]
Old 01-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Matt:

First group at 30 yds???? Wow. I gotta see this.

Mt. Airy, NC......1/26 & 1/27.....Sage Creek 3D shoot. This is likely 1.5hrs or so from you (It's my hometown). Right off HWY 77......easy drive from you (I went to ETSU....and I know that drive).

Come on down and shoot this tournament. I've never seen anybody stack 'em up like that.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Matt:

First group at 30 yds???? Wow. I gotta see this.

Mt. Airy, NC......1/26 & 1/27.....Sage Creek 3D shoot. This is likely 1.5hrs or so from you (It's my hometown). Right off HWY 77......easy drive from you (I went to ETSU....and I know that drive).

Come on down and shoot this tournament. I've never seen anybody stack 'em up like that.
Im in Mt airy about every other day, inever here about these shoots down there, is this like 3-d like we shot or that high fluten compentition stuff?

Quick Reply: ***Mod's would you just close this one for me**

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.