Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you miss most??

Old 01-10-2008, 11:10 AM

Default What do you miss most??

Our bow season has been out since the middle of Nov. We can hunt with the bow during gun season, but it aint the same. I miss those early fall days, long shadows, smell of dirt and decaying leaves, light cool breeze, and that every so sweet sound of russling leaves and poping twigs....ah... man miss it. Ok, Im done being gay now, back to myself!!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:12 AM

Default RE: What do you miss most??

I don't miss it yet...Going out today and this weekend too.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:13 AM

How long is your season???
Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sure I love the Bowhunting, but this time of year is magical as well. I move on to Calling in Coyotes and Fox and force feed them lead from my .204!!!!! I just don't limit myself to JUST deer, I hunt what ever gets me in the woods, also its a great time of year to do some scouting. I like to know what made it thru the season and what will be around this coming season and where to find them!!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

my season only lasted 2 weeks and i tagged my buck. got out a couple times "doe hunting" and observing for next season...but once i tagged my buck, it just wasnt the same. still wanted to go...but it wasnt the same.

i miss it all. yes, i can be out there RIGHT now with my bow in hand...but i put 2 deer in the freezer, havent shot in a couple weeks, and it definently wouldnt be the same. something about fall says bowhunting to me now. something about a fall day in the stand...kinda like spring says turkey n trout to me...

fall will be back before we know it...atleast for me it will be...life is flying on by for me...by the time i realize its winter, it will be spring break...and when i realize its spring break, itll be summer...once i notice its summer, i will already be in my treestand....cant wait....just something about being in a treestand in the fall with my bow in my hand...
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

How long is your season???
It ends Jan. 15.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 AM

How many bucks can yall kill? Whatever Hunsucker leaves for ya?? LOL!!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still have until Feb3rd, but I will miss those mornings of hearing deer approach not knowing what it is. Still get's my heart pumping just talking about it, and that awesome sound of a buck grunting. Sitting in the stand in the dark morningand watching the woods come alive as the sun breaks the horizon! Man! I love this stuff
Old 01-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am the same way, Jan.1 is when our season ends and then the yote hunting starts for me and then turkey in may!!! But If I had to pick what I miss most about the woods when I am not there is the first light hearing everything coming alive!! Walt
Old 01-10-2008, 11:29 AM

We can kill up to 3 if you get a firearms tag. I'm still working on my first...

Quick Reply: What do you miss most??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.