Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you miss most??

Old 01-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: What do you miss most??

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

How come you didn't go as much. You don't hunt Oct??
I usually don't start till the 3rd week of October. I like to start buck hunting late in the pre rut. Through out the years I've noticed the more I hunt early in the season (Late September early October) the less nice bucks I see during the rut. The less I'm in there the better! Its worked for me anyway.
I've been doing that for years. It's especially beneficial on small acreages. Big bucks are very finicky, they won't go to a place that humans frequent.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Site Buck Guru

I miss the anticipation of seeing deer from my stand.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seeing the glow on my sons face when he connects on one priceless!!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Through out the years I've noticed the more I hunt early in the season (Late September early October) the less nice bucks I see during the rut. The less I'm in there the better! Its worked for me anyway.
Schultzy.....I can't wait until I'm disciplined enough to do this. I KNOW it's the right thing to do.....but I love to be out there. Kudos to you.

One day....when the herd is more balanced....I am going to try this. I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks GMMAT! Hopefully it works out for ya.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

good coment Schultzy sometimes less is MORE.
ORIGINAL: Schultzy

How come you didn't go as much. You don't hunt Oct??
I usually don't start till the 3rd week of October. I like to start buck hunting late in the pre rut. Through out the years I've noticed the more I hunt early in the season (Late September early October) the less nice bucks I see during the rut. The less I'm in there the better! Its worked for me anyway.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:12 PM

Man that takes will power to stay out. I tried to something like that this year, it back fired, while I wasn't there someone else was, they killed 3 bucks the 2nd week on my property and 2 went P&Y. I saw the bucks and caught the guys with the 3rd one dragging it out!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man that takes will power to stay out. I tried to something like that this year, it back fired, while I wasn't there someone else was, they killed 3 bucks the 2nd week on my property and 2 went P&Y. I saw the bucks and caught the guys with the 3rd one dragging it out!!!
On your private land?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I miss everything about bowhunting. I shouldnt, I have a couple more days of late muzzy so I am still out there but it just is not the same for me.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

After Jan 31st I will miss everything about it, but until then I will continue to enjoy or extended urban season. I have found what Schultzy and GregH stated to be very true, when I fear I may be over hunting my area I go somewhere else to hunt. I now it is not my favorite place but I still get to hunt and let my area stay clean.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:24 PM

Yep Schultzy, on my private land. They had the racks in the back of the truck and were pulling the 3rd deer out of the woods to their truck, long story, not much I could , Game Wardens were involved, just not enough to convict actually. Long story ...

Quick Reply: What do you miss most??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.