Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you miss most??

Old 01-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What do you miss most??

STOP IT!!! you guys are making me sad!![8D]
Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've been out of my house 5 times since the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I'm missing everything about the outdoors.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I miss that moment......1.5hrs before first light.........when I've reached the spot in the tree I wanna climb to......I've gotten dressed......hooked up.....and I turn and sit down.

That right there is a great moment.....and I miss that.

I might do it one weekend just to take photos.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I miss cold brisk mornings, seeing your breath, and the excitement you feel when you hear a stick break behind you.
I miss the dance, this dance has been happing since time began.
I miss the anticapation of the hunt.
I miss hearing the stories from you guys.

I miss the fact my wife was PO at me, and was not going to get any, really did not matter. Because I was going hunting in the morning
Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I miss the deer hunting allot already! This last deer hunting season was a wierd one for me, I only hunted 3 times and got my buck, we only had 1 tag where I hunt this year! I'm usually out there from the 1st of November till the middle of December hunting these whitetails. I'm not complaining because I finally got my nice buck but damn I wasn't out there enough! Hopefully some good old Ice Fishing will take that place!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:43 AM

How come you didn't go as much. You don't hunt Oct??
Old 01-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

How come you didn't go as much. You don't hunt Oct??
I usually don't start till the 3rd week of October. I like to start buck hunting late in the pre rut. Through out the years I've noticed the more I hunt early in the season (Late September early October) the less nice bucks I see during the rut. The less I'm in there the better! Its worked for me anyway.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ours is winding down too............... it Ends FEB 3rd
Old 01-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really dont miss a thing, I get preoccoupied with what's to come... Ilook forward to shed hunting and have already been scouting in the snow the past twoweekends and yesterday! we had a snow day at school! I got some nice pix of a bull moose and a few does.. share those tonight from home..

I cant wait to shed hunt soon as the snow starts diminishing..we are getting bombed this winter, two feet at my house now.. The mountains have much more.. I am still gonna hike in on the obvious big buck track I cut and look for bones... I've pretty much been riding my snowmobile all over the mountains checking tracks and travel routes...

Sometimes the offseason is as much fun or more for me than the hunting part.. Never better... or more fun, but in its own wayits just as enjoyeableand definately as rewarding in some aspects. Physically and mentally I never feel better than from the hiking....and from scouting perspective, I love winters and spring, everything in thetimberreads like a book. I look forwardto spring bear and turkeys too...then onto summer scouting then late summer all fall and early winter hunting... its all good!

Got my mount back yesterday, he turned out really nice....I re-arranged my whitetail room, I'll share some pix tonight when I get home..
Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Through out the years I've noticed the more I hunt early in the season (Late September early October) the less nice bucks I see during the rut. The less I'm in there the better! Its worked for me anyway.
Schultzy.....I can't wait until I'm disciplined enough to do this. I KNOW it's the right thing to do.....but I love to be out there. Kudos to you.

One day....when the herd is more balanced....I am going to try this. I'm looking forward to it.

Quick Reply: What do you miss most??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.