Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone watching...

Old 01-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone watching...

"Adventure Bowhunting"? This is the first time I've seen it, it has a couple guys from PSE moose hunting in Manitoba (I think). They called in a moose to 40 yards guy 1 says "this should have been a chip shot" shoots low, catches briskit. The moose then runs away. They call, appears at 80 yards he shoots through DENSE woods, and foliage and hits the moose, back a little far. It was getting dark, so they are going back the next morning. Never in my life have I seen someone shoot 80 yards at any animal on a tv show.

They searched more than a thousand acres, because it rained.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone watching...

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

"Adventure Bowhunting"? This is the first time I've seen it, it has a couple guys from PSE moose hunting in Manitoba (I think). They called in a moose to 40 yards guy 1 says "this should have been a chip shot" shoots low, catches briskit. The moose then runs away. They call, appears at 80 yards he shoots through DENSE woods, and foliage and hits the moose, back a little far. It was getting dark, so they are going back the next morning. Never in my life have I seen someone shoot 80 yards at any animal on a tv show.

I saw a Caribou killed at 80+ yards I believe it was by Bob Foulkrod. I killed my 300+ 6X6 Bull Elk at 84 yards, but it was wide open, and his lungs were about the size of a car tire, and my eyes were youngThey aged him at 10.5 years old.

Dan
Old 01-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

I saw a Caribou killed at 80+ yards I believe it was by Bob Foulkrod. I killed my 300+ 6X6 Bull Elk at 84 yards, but it was wide open, and his lungs were about the size of a car tire, and my eyes were youngThey aged him at 10.5 years old.

Dan
Nice shooting, thats an old bull.

I just couldn't believe he took the shot. They had seen plenty of moose prior and he wasn't the biggest. I guess I shouldn't let myself get surprised at the things I see on hunting shows anymore
Old 01-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would hate to have had the added stress of a camera behind my shoulder. That Bull Screaming his head offwas pressure enough, that and all those friggin antlers!! Us Eastern boys aren't prepared for that

I myself have been surprised at many things I've seen on TV, DVD's, and videos.

Dan
Old 01-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

80 yards is a poke! I have a friend that regularly and i do mean every year shoots a antelope at 90-100 yards and has never wounded and lost one.He shot his 350" bull this year at 76 yards and made a perfect double lung shot. He also has a 114 yard mule deer under his belt. Now thats long range!!