Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First 3D shoot of the year.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default First 3D shoot of the year.

Our Archery club held its first 3D shoot of the year. Yesterday I shot Bowhunter novice and shot a 281. Thats 40 points better then I shot last year. Well today I went back and shot Bowhunter Unlimited and shot a 276. I ended up 3rd in unlimited and 12th or 13th in novice. I was happy with my score but I left alot out there and can hopefully pick up the extra points next week when the State Tournaments begin. I really like my Carter thumb release. It has definitely made a difference in my shooting. Now if my Drenalin LD will just get here. Thanks for listening just wanted to pass it along.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First 3D shoot of the year.

Congrats, SC.

Let me know your schedule down there.....and I'd love to come to a shoot, sometime. I'm having a little difficulty getting used to the thumb release.....but I'd still love to come and shoot, sometime.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First 3D shoot of the year.

The next on at my home club of Wateree archery will be 2/16 and 2/17. But there are numerous shoots all over the State. Here is the link to the SCAA website that has the whole list of clubs and shoots. I am planning to go to the state Championships at each site, but I will go to any of them. The Cedar Creek Shoots are about 45 minutes from my Hog hunting Property. So we could probably make a pretty good weekend out of some Hogs and a 3D shoot. Let me know what you think.

http://clubs.bowhunting.net/scaa/

[align=center] [/align]