Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

leupold vs. bushnell arc

Old 01-04-2008, 09:18 PM

Default leupold vs. bushnell arc

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of these units and what u thought about them andwhat one they would recommend for bowhunting.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: leupold vs. bushnell arc

The range finders that calculate true distance are a joke in my opinion. If you do the math on the examples they give on the commercials....the distances they give would only be true if you were 80 to 90 feet in a tree.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:29 PM

For the average whitetail hunter who's shot will likely not be beyond 20 yards, these range finders are a waste of money.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:58 PM

Ok, he wasn't looking for either of your answers, but to tell you the truth, I would go with bushnell, as I have used bushnell and know it works. Haven't tried leupold though.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: trueoutdoorsman

Ok, he wasn't looking for either of your answers, but to tell you the truth, I would go with bushnell, as I have used bushnell and know it works. Haven't tried leupold though.
Really?

I've tried them both and don't feel they're necessary for the average bowhunter.

Because of that, I wouldn't suggest either.

How is that not what he was looking for?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:13 PM

Sounds like someone needs an attitude adjustment, which is my department.

I know many people, many, who have missed deer between 10 and 30 yards because they didn't have a range finder, and before you open your cocky mouth, yes I know they should have practiced more so they could get the ranges down, but it's better to be sure then to be sorry later on. There are also many of us hunters who shoot in open fields who have to take longer shots 40-50 yards and rely on more than just a guess.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:15 PM

You're a real riot.

I own and use a rangefinder.

I never said that a rangefinder, in general, was unnecessary. Just the two models in question.

How's that for cocky?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:23 PM

Well, just got on here and going through some of your posts, i'm sick of your mouthalready.

Also, isn't it past your bedtime or do your parents let you stay up a little late on the weekends?

By looking at your post count also shows me you spend way to much time on the internet and need to get a life.

Should I go on?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: trueoutdoorsman

Well, just got on here and going through some of your posts, i'm sick of your mouthalready.

Also, isn't it past your bedtime or do your parents let you stay up a little late on the weekends?

By looking at your post count also shows me you spend way to much time on the internet and need to get a life.

Should I go on?
Please, do continue.

I'm enjoying myself.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 PM

Exactly my point.....

Your 19, my4 year old cousin acts more mature than you do.

Quick Reply: leupold vs. bushnell arc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.