Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What hasn't happened to you yet?

Old 01-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What hasn't happened to you yet?

never seen bucks sparring
Old 01-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

never hunted with a friend who, when a 140+ buck walked in, said, " no, really, you take him".
Old 01-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never have shot a deer that ran an collapsed within seeing distance of my four wheeler.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did crash on a motor cycle...

I guess the piebald and the tree nymphs are the only two things listed whichI have not experienced... yet.

I've seen all of North America's common preditors-I have been charged twice by black bear and once by a brown bear. The first two were killed in their tracks and the browny was bluffing. I had a grizzly doing a mexican standoff with me over a barren ground caribou. He won, and much to my surprise, I got a great european skull mount. I have seen three mt. lions in the wild. One failed to make it another day. I killed yotes with my bow as well as bobcats. Ihave seen both woverine and wolves in Alaska. Badger sightingsare commonplace. And finally, I have one blury photo of a lynx. I'd give my right nad (after the tree nymph episode) to photograph a jaguar.

I've seen all the species of sheep with the exception of stone. Photographing mt. goats is a passion.

I've seen all the deer species bar coues.
I've seen all the moose species but still need a Shiras and Eastern Canada.
I'm working on seeing a Woodland caribou and a Mt. caribou. I seen the other species.
I still need to see a musk ox, poplar bear tule elk,and roosevelt elk.

I still need to hunt Asia and Europe (will be in the UK Jan 11th-20th for six species of deer).
I would love to hunt Australia...a water buffalo with bow specifically.

In Africa, I have three major goals to accomplish (there are smaller tasks I willdo along the way); 1) kill a cape buffalo w/ archery gear, 2) kill an elephant w/ archery gear, and 3) dart a rhino with archery gear. I would like to keep the Black Mambas a little farther than 12 inches from either leg. Any other poisonous snake for that matter....

I have never killed a spike on a Virginia ridge. Nor have I killed deer in approximatley 34 other states.

I have not seen Germ kill an elk, mule deer, or speed goat. I would like to change that.

So much to do and so little time.....
Old 01-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't seen a B&C buck yet![:@]
Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Huck - I'd venture to say that you're easily the most well-traveled hunter on this site. Pretty awesome to have had the opportunity to partake inall that you have experienced. Wow. Have you been traveling to hunt since you were young, or is this an endeavorthat you started more recently?

What countries/states have you hunted over the past 2 years?

Off topic, but while my mind is going . . . I was charged by a bear once. A black sow. That'll test your gumption right there.Lucky for both of us, she stopped right before the point of no return. One of the only times in the woods that I ever really feared for my life.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

I did crash on a motor cycle...

I guess the piebald and the tree nymphs are the only two things listed whichI have not experienced... yet.

I've seen all of North America's common preditors-I have been charged twice by black bear and once by a brown bear. The first two were killed in their tracks and the browny was bluffing. I had a grizzly doing a mexican standoff with me over a barren ground caribou. He won, and much to my surprise, I got a great european skull mount. I have seen three mt. lions in the wild. One failed to make it another day. I killed yotes with my bow as well as bobcats. Ihave seen both woverine and wolves in Alaska. Badger sightingsare commonplace. And finally, I have one blury photo of a lynx. I'd give my right nad (after the tree nymph episode) to photograph a jaguar.

I've seen all the species of sheep with the exception of stone. Photographing mt. goats is a passion.

I've seen all the deer species bar coues.
I've seen all the moose species but still need a Shiras and Eastern Canada.
I'm working on seeing a Woodland caribou and a Mt. caribou. I seen the other species.
I still need to see a musk ox, poplar bear tule elk,and roosevelt elk.

I still need to hunt Asia and Europe (will be in the UK Jan 11th-20th for six species of deer).
I would love to hunt Australia...a water buffalo with bow specifically.

In Africa, I have three major goals to accomplish (there are smaller tasks I willdo along the way); 1) kill a cape buffalo w/ archery gear, 2) kill an elephant w/ archery gear, and 3) dart a rhino with archery gear. I would like to keep the Black Mambas a little farther than 12 inches from either leg. Any other poisonous snake for that matter....

I have never killed a spike on a Virginia ridge. Nor have I killed deer in approximatley 34 other states.

I have not seen Germ kill an elk, mule deer, or speed goat. I would like to change that.

So much to do and so little time.....
Impressive!