Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Lone Wolf Alpha
57.14%
Lone Wolf Alpha Assault
21.43%
Gorilla Expedition Lite
7.14%
Loggy Bayou Predator
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Lightweight lock on stand

Old 01-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Spike

Default Lightweight lock on stand

Hi guys...I'm in need of lightweight lock on treestand. I'm going to have about 7 20ft sticks in trees next year and want to be able to go out hang the stand and hunt. A few stands are about 1/2 mile away. I have to get the stand from bass pro due to the gift card situation. I'm thinking Lone Wolf based on reviews, but I really like my Gorilla climber so I thought I might like Gorilla lockon as well. Let me know if there are others that are worth looking at.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lightweight lock on stand

Loggy Bayou
Old 01-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Spike

Thanks TeeJay...I assume you mean the predator so I put that up.

Forgot to mention, I usually only sit for 4-6 hours...almost never do an all day'er (I know I should...)
Old 01-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Lone Wolf Alpha would work great for what your looking to do. You can use the easy hang brackets and have them set in the trees with your sticks then hunt from tree to tree with ease!!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the Millenium stand. It is an incredible stand for sure. It has brackets you hang on the tree, then you just slip the stand right into the bracket. Much easier than trying to "hang" a stand each time. With 6 brackets, you have 6 setups ready to go. PLUS, and a huge PLUS....the seat is the most comfortable seat you could ever have (I've sat all day without getting tired or sore), it has a huge platform, it is rock solid, AND its pretty light aswell (14lbs). It comes with backpack straps too which make it easy to carry. I looked at all the above earlier this year, none of them compare to the Millenium IMO. I bought the stand and 6 sets of stick ladders, and 10 brackets (already had some sticks & steps)....what a great move. I have a ton of setups now.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Spike

WV Hunter,

That stand does look nice, but I have Bass Pro gift cards and they don't carry that one....too bad for me I guess...it does look comfy.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Spike

ttt for a few more opinions. Even though more votes are on the alpha, I'm sort of leaning towards the assault...should I not?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Host of Hosts

Lone Wolf Alpha
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

That loggy is one rock solid stand. Goes up very easy. As long as you don't leave the strap at home 2 hours away. [&:]
Old 01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

ttt for a few more opinions. Even though more votes are on the alpha, I'm sort of leaning towards the assault...should I not?
It all depends on how you want to use the stand. I had the Alpha last year and liked it but sold it. This season I went with the Assault because it will fit in tighter places, is very light and easy to hang. Its perfect for me because I use it when I want to try different spots and it works great in fencerows and smaller trees as well. But there is a tradeoff in that the platform is not as roomy as the other ones you are considering including the Alpha. But I love mine!

Quick Reply: Lightweight lock on stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.