Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The reason why I'll always stop deer from now on... PIC

Old 01-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The reason why I'll always stop deer from now on... PIC

I farted once while straining to get the bow back and stopped a deer but that's the only time[&:].
Old 01-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

Respect given for knowing your limitations. I won't shoot a moving deer either.
nctaxi,

I think you picked the right wording there, "knowing your limitations". David and Cougar, you guys are correct in your thoughts for your personal limitations and Hoytail was correctfor his. He discovered where his limitations are....not everyone is at the same level of "skill, confidence or self control" as Hoytail put it himself. Someday he may be where you two are, but even if he doesn't get there, its still a great thing that he knows and recognizes his personal limits.

Nice job Hoytail!
You beat me too it PA! Taxi nailed it real good and you yourself took the words right out of my mouth after reading what Dave and Cougar said. Like you say David and Cougar are a step ahead in the shooting department but lets give credit due to someone who doesn't push past his limitations and beliefs. Like I said in my previous post Hoytail, well put! I understood exactly what you were saying right away.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:55 PM

You should contact the Primos boys. They are always looking to market a new call. The commercials alone would be worth the effort
Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I don't know if it's the reason for the hit. It was a misplaced shot is all.
I don't know for sure either but with all due respect, I think in the time it takes for a 255fps arrow to travel 54 feet, a deer at a steady stride can travel 1 foot. Maybe if by "misplaced shot" you mean that I didn't hold forward enough of the deer in anticipation, then yes, it was a misplaced shot. As I said, I'm not ready because I don't know how much forward I should hold at that deer's particular pace to take that shot. What if it was moving 2 1/2 mph instead of the 2mph that I thought? How much forward should I hold then? Again, I don't know and am not ready to practice on live animals.

And what if I've learned how much forward to hold at any given slow stride but then the deer decides to stop right as I hit the release? Then I hit it square in the shoulder.At that time,I'd probably(operative word here)get crucified.

Oh, by slight quartering I mean it was 3 steps (6ft)from being perfectly broadside. I think you or anyone wouldtake that shot too.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

I don't know for sure either but with all due respect, I think in the time it takes for a 255fps arrow to travel 54 feet, a deer at a steady stride can travel 1 foot. Maybe if by "misplaced shot" you mean that I didn't hold forward enough of the deer in anticipation, then yes, it was a misplaced shot. As I said, I'm not ready because I don't know how much forward I should hold at that deer's particular pace to take that shot. What if it was moving 2 1/2 mph instead of the 2mph that I thought? How much forward should I hold then? Again, I don't know and am not ready to practice on live animals.

And what if I've learned how much forward to hold at any given slow stride but then the deer decides to stop right as I hit the release? Then I hit it square in the shoulder.At that time,I'd probably(operative word here)get crucified.

Oh, by slight quartering I mean it was 3 steps (6ft)from being perfectly broadside. I think you or anyone wouldtake that shot too.
Its all good! You do whats comfortable for you, your doing the right thing. Don't get all upset over opinions, I think they misunderstood what you were trying to say. Just let it go.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heu, Congrats on your late season Doe! Well done!

Joe b!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

I farted once while straining to get the bow back and stopped a deer but that's the only time[&:].

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now thats funny lmao