Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How are YOU rolling this New Year's Eve?

Old 12-31-2007, 11:15 PM

Default RE: How are YOU rolling this New Year's Eve?

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Had a party at my parents house....yeah I had a couple too many Leinenkugel's....[&:][&:][&:]
At least you can still spell it, I guess????
Oh, it's spelled right..........BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

*HICCUP*

Old 01-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

'bout 35 minutes till the New Year here... I damn near rolled off the mountain today while skidding firewood off a steep ridge in 2-3 feet of snow with my skidding cat... whew.. broke a tension cylider on my cat and dang near losta track, limpedhome with a couple decent buckskin tammarcks though, that mountain wasnt gonna get the best of me...day probably cost me way more than the firewood I skidded... [8D]

Ran to town with the wife and kids once I go home.. Dee was worried I died up on the mountain, she had the neighbor out looking for me on his snowcat.

Hooked up with my best friend who coaches for BSU (go broncos) and we all went and had dinner and then I took him down to the local ATV shop and he bought a new grizzly... came home..watched Auburn/Clemson and some WEC and hung with the wife and kids till they all fell asleep...

now here i sit ... on this danged puter..
Old 01-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

Far into the new year at this point, 2: 35 am on the clock here, just getting in. Big bash at one of my buddies went really well, ton of fun and a good start to a new year. Hope all were safe and have a great 2008 guys, im hitting the sac. This post should cap this thread for the night
Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm really tearin' it up too. I'm at work (midnight to 8am shift) and making 2 1/2 times my normal rate, so it's a pretty good deal. It will most likely be the last one I work since I'm contemplating retiring later this year.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Woke up just in time to see the ball drop.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Bartender

Working the same but taking tuesday night off as holiday, sometimes rest more then money.
ORIGINAL: DaveH

I'm really tearin' it up too. I'm at work (midnight to 8am shift) and making 2 1/2 times my normal rate, so it's a pretty good deal. It will most likely be the last one I work since I'm contemplating retiring later this year.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeeeehaawwww I tore it up last night!!!

Fell asleep around 9:00pm. Woke up and it's a new year. Go figure. Off to work in a few. Just another day.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Satby the bed of my wife who is in the hospital recuperating from surgery to remove her gall bladder.Watched her sleep gave her a kiss at midnight,picked our daughter up at her aunt and uncles house and drove home.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:37 AM

Well at least some of us had a good time for New Years,,, Im glad I wasnt the only one who was working, lol spent my New Years refining lead and running a crane,,,, fun,,, but like DAVEH said, made a little of that double time and a half!!! Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

'bout 35 minutes till the New Year here... I damn near rolled off the mountain today while skidding firewood off a steep ridge in 2-3 feet of snow with my skidding cat... whew.. broke a tension cylider on my cat and dang near losta track, limpedhome with a couple decent buckskin tammarcks though, that mountain wasnt gonna get the best of me...day probably cost me way more than the firewood I skidded... [8D]
Boy that brings back memories, Troy ...... years ago when I had my own land, I was bringing back some cherry wood from the back of my property to split on a trailer towed by my 4-wheeler .... when I got to the top of the steep hill and started coming down, the ground was wet and I made the crucial mistake of braking as I started my decent, the trailer full, or should I say overfull of wood wanted to go faster than I did .... the trailer won, jacking and flipping my 4-wheeler, catapulting me in the air, backwards down the thorn ridden hill .... shredding my clothes and my flesh ..... I was airborn for what seemed forever ..... it's a good thing the thorns pulling on me slowed me down as I slammed to a halt half way down the hill ..... I got up in a daze and walked to the house where my wife was working outside .... she said when she saw me, and the blood running down my face, it reminded her of our Lord and Saviour ....... .....oh yeah .... it hurl REAL bad! [:@]

Quick Reply: How are YOU rolling this New Year's Eve?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.