Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your main order of business for 2008 regarding hunting?

Old 12-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your main order of business for 2008 regarding hunting?

My main order of business for'08is to make thelast payment for my Edmonton Bow Zone hunt. Not due until August.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually don't start hunting till the 3rd week of October. This coming year I might get out there right away the 1st week of bow hunting (3rd week of September) and try shooting myself a booker then if I'm lucky enough! My trail camera will be out in August so I might try and give that a whirl the 1st few weeks. If nothing comes about it I will then pull out and start again the 3rd week of October. Another goal of mine is to promote traditional bow hunting around where I live, maybe even try and form a little group of us and have little get togethers shooting the trad bows and hopefully learn something from another trad shooter. The day a person quits learning is the day he better hang it up!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:59 PM

Upgrade to a new bow and possibly look into using a trail camera or 2.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

This time of the year I put hunting out of my mind. It's about 3D now, and maybe stick a pig here and there. I don't even think about hunting until summer starts to roll around. By that time, I'll be out of venison, and I'll start thinking about new supply. I don't get excited about trophy hunting anymore, just meat in the freezer. I guess that's what happens when you get my age.. I'll be 59 when deer season opens again, I've been doing this a long time.