Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Crime - Punishable to the fullest extent of the law
81.71%
Lesser Offense
18.29%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Do we REALLY view Poaching as a "crime"?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do we REALLY view Poaching as a "crime"?

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: farmcntry

Well I can afford to feed my family by going to the grocery store, but if I CHOOSE to kill deer, turkey, etc out of season and feed them to my family am I ok then??
No, no, you are confused. It has to be a need to be a justified poach. Like, if it is raining really hard and your family is hungry but doesn't want hotdogs and you need red meat and there is a big fat doe in your backyard. THEN poaching is OK.
bruce ..... did you forget your meds today?[8D]
LOL No, just had my fill of "serious" conversation on this subject so I thought I'd have a little fun.
The funniest part is ..... some actually bit on it!
And that is the fun part LOLOLOL
Old 12-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yall are crazy....

:to cook in simmering liquid [/align][/align]Thats m-w.com's FIRST entry, thats waht should apply to this situation right? but oh well carry on...[8D][/align]
Old 12-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Back in the 1970's, my first assignment as a conservation officer was a rural area in northern Colorado. This "feed my family" excuse usually involved a guy who spent most his paycheck on alcoholic beverages after work and, after the family checkbook was drained at the Town Tavern, needed to poach to keep meat on the table. Several poaching cases I am familiar with involved court ordered alcoholdependency counseling.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Back in the 1970's, my first assignment as a conservation officer was a rural area in northern Colorado. This "feed my family" excuse usually involved a guy who spent most his paycheck on alcoholic beverages after work and, after the family checkbook was drained at the Town Tavern, needed to poach to keep meat on the table. Several poaching cases I am familiar with involved court ordered alcoholdependency counseling.
I like a good red wine with my venison LOL
Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok so say your wife,son, brother, cousin, idk but a close relative is hunting with you and shoots a doe, great, but when you find her she has half inch spikes breaking the hairline and they are out of buck tags, what are you goin to do? just curious.... a complete accident but the law dont care...
Old 12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buck_master_101

Ok so say your wife,son, brother, cousin, idk but a close relative is hunting with you and shoots a doe, great, but when you find her she has half inch spikes breaking the hairline and they are out of buck tags, what are you goin to do? just curious.... a complete accident but the law dont care...
Break out the beer!!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote: "Ok so say your wife,son, brother, cousin, idk but a close relative is hunting with you and shoots a doe, great, but when you find her she has half inch spikes breaking the hairline and they are out of buck tags, what are you goin to do? just curious.... a complete accident but the law dont care..."

Not sure in other states but here it is still an antlerless deer until it is over three inches long.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Visible anlers are defined as bony structures that protrude through the skin. Knobs or buttons covered by skin or velvet are not considered visible antlers.
http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg02_Regs/2007_08_Hunting_Regs.pdf
Old 12-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has it really gotten so boring around here that the subject of "poaching" has drawn the attention of everyone...
Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Has it really gotten so boring around here that the subject of "poaching" has drawn the attention of everyone...
Did you really need to ask that question [X(]

YES!!!

Quick Reply: Do we REALLY view Poaching as a "crime"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.