Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit viper

Old 12-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Summit viper

Well guys i must have been good this year becuase santa brought me a viper. This is my first climber and was curious if you guys had any thoughts, opinions, or suggestions. As i get more serious about hunting the more realized that a climber was needed.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit viper

The Summit Viper in my book is the top of the line when it comes to climbing treestands. I bouth one 3 yrs. ago and it's probably my second best investment (other than my Mathews Switchback XT) that I have in hunting equipment. The Viper is built strong, quick and easy to use and very safe. You'll love it!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I bought one, first.....and went back out to the market after my first year using it......thinking I could find something better.

In my opinion.....that doesn't exist. It's an EXCELLENT climbing stand. congrats on your gift.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:08 PM

I have but one complaint. I simply CANNOT stay awake in it!! God only knows how many world class bucks have walked past me, and I just don't know it because I'm sleeping!!

All kidding aside, it's a very secure stand that's very simple to use. One of the very best made.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

I was pretty pumped about it, i am just a little nervous about climbing. I have it set up and ready to go, one of my dads freinds is coming over tomorrow to give me some pointers and im going to start practicing in my backyard. Did you guys find climbing to be difficult when you first started?
Old 12-28-2007, 12:47 PM

It's a little awkward at first, but no big deal. Just remember, don't start w/ the stand level. Have it angled up. As you climb, the tree gets narrower, creating more slack in the cables, and the stand will level out.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Bring along a portable alarm clock!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Nice a got a viper for christmas too. Its my second one. It seems pretty good to me but, not trying to hijack the thread or anything but when i was any in it i felt like when i was turning around if i kicked the climbing sturrip or side bar by accident the bottom would slip out. This hasnt happend yet but i kinda worries me and i was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had this happen to them or if im just paranoid?!?!
Old 12-29-2007, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: redneck buck hunter

Nice a got a viper for christmas too. Its my second one. It seems pretty good to me but, not trying to hijack the thread or anything but when i was any in it i felt like when i was turning around if i kicked the climbing sturrip or side bar by accident the bottom would slip out. This hasnt happend yet but i kinda worries me and i was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had this happen to them or if im just paranoid?!?!
this is why it is very important to tie a rope between the two sections so it doesn't accidently fall down the tree. i strap the top to the tree when i am in place so that doesn't slip down and bang into the bottom
the viper is a very good stand . most comfortable i have used. it is a good idea to practice climbing in your yard to get very familiar with setting it up and climbing. do it as if your hunting with your hunting clothes on and pull up the bow to to take a some practice shots
Old 12-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Great stand DON'T FORGET THE SAFTEY HARNESS. This is a must

Quick Reply: Summit viper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.