Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck of lifetime or not?

Old 12-28-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck of lifetime or not?

One side gets a pass til next year. I've got plenty of meat in the freezer!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TJF

I save one antlerless tag just for that reason up here !!

Say Rob... just out of curiosity... It could very well happen asa few are dropping now and some guys have pulled the antlers off dragging.

Say I shot one.It dropped it's antlers on the death run. I tagged it antlerless to be legal. Does it count as my first buck for the contest???

If it does count. I have the " sheds []" . How would it bescored or would itbe a no score??

I hope like heck it doesn't happen but if it would ?? And no I wouldn't shoot a shedded buck ( even by accident ). Walk out to the shed pile and grab a set ofhuge sheds. And say , hey guys looky what I got . I don't " roll that way " .

Tim
That's tricky TJF, I guess it would be up to you. The rules state that if it's tagged with a buck tag, which it wouldn't for you, then you wouldn't have to as a buck so it wouldn't necessarily count as your first buck. However, I would assume if you wanted to score it, you could. It would just have to be an honor system, the only issue would be the spread obviously and you'd have to assume by placing the antlers. A photo could be entered with the sheds next to the animal and perhaps a close up of the pedicles. That would show how recent the sheds were dropped. A close up at the end of the shed might be necessary.

Again, most of what we see is on the honor system but we've already seen what happens.

again, tough and tricky situation and like you, I hope it doesn't happen.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:05 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: TJF

I save one antlerless tag just for that reason up here !!

Say Rob... just out of curiosity... It could very well happen asa few are dropping now and some guys have pulled the antlers off dragging.

Say I shot one.It dropped it's antlers on the death run. I tagged it antlerless to be legal. Does it count as my first buck for the contest???

If it does count. I have the " sheds []" . How would it bescored or would itbe a no score??

I hope like heck it doesn't happen but if it would ?? And no I wouldn't shoot a shedded buck ( even by accident ). Walk out to the shed pile and grab a set ofhuge sheds. And say , hey guys looky what I got . I don't " roll that way " .

Tim
That's tricky TJF, I guess it would be up to you. The rules state that if it's tagged with a buck tag, which it wouldn't for you, then you wouldn't have to as a buck so it wouldn't necessarily count as your first buck. However, I would assume if you wanted to score it, you could. It would just have to be an honor system, the only issue would be the spread obviously and you'd have to assume by placing the antlers. A photo could be entered with the sheds next to the animal and perhaps a close up of the pedicles. That would show how recent the sheds were dropped. A close up at the end of the shed might be necessary.

Again, most of what we see is on the honor system but we've already seen what happens.

again, tough and tricky situation and like you, I hope it doesn't happen.
Rob

Thanks for the reply.Again I hopeit wouldn't happen. I know I wouldn't bedragging any buck outby the rack now. The deersled is in the truckas we type.

Tim