Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snort wheeze

Old 12-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Snort wheeze

i just watched a hunting video and they all used the snort wheeze. i was wandering has anyone tried and has anyone had any luck with it.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Snort wheeze

that and grunt calls are the best
Old 12-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's no match for the buck fart coming out in 08. That thing is amazing.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been using it a fair amount the last two seasons with pretty good luck. Its just like any other call, when used at the right time to the right deer it will work. Mainly its used during the rut when bucks testosterone levels are high. When you snort wheeze at a buck its pretty much saying "IM GONNA WHIP YOUR A**" Deer are just like people some might come over and say go ahead and try it, and others may avoid the situation either because they are smart and can find hot does other places or they are scared.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Dominant Buck

I've hunted deer for exactly 50 years. I've killed over 80 deer with a bow and I have no idea how many with a gun. I have NEVER heard the snort wheeze in the woods. I have seen it on a video from an animal once. I really don't think it's something I'd worry about. I'd rather be very quiet and hunt the wind.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

A snort wheeze directed at a younger buck willscare the bejesus out of him! It's actually quite commical! I messed with a young 8 a week or two ago. I snorted wheezed at him once and he jumped off about 30 yards. After the second one, he couldn't stand it any longer and he high tailed it out of there. He thought he was getting ready to get whipped. Snort wheeze for a larger buck I've had some limited success...in combo with the grunts it works well.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Spike

i have really good luck with it i do it alot inthe pre rut and rut .....
Old 12-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I've hunted deer for exactly 50 years. I've killed over 80 deer with a bow and I have no idea how many with a gun. I have NEVER heard the snort wheeze in the woods. I have seen it on a video from an animal once. I really don't think it's something I'd worry about. I'd rather be very quiet and hunt the wind.
i hear it all year round, not just during the rut. i hear it multiple times every week no joke
Old 12-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Dominant Buck

And what do you call really good luck? I mean, really... give us some numbers and percentages of deer seen, killed, called etc. I see so many people come up with this crap and they've killed a total of a handful of deer or only hunted a couple years and they want to tell everyone "this is gospel". Give us some facts.... like I've shot 84 deer with a bow and never heard it once.

And childers, forgive me for being skeptical... but you're 16 or 17 years old. And how many times have you really heard it. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but I sure do think a couple weekends of huntingdoesn't really tell us a lot about snort wheeze experience. Oh heck, I'll call 'em like I see 'em... "Bull Hockey". I think there is so much "disinformation" being spread around the internet by people that just want to hear themselves talk.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Im with David , Im not saying calling dont work in the right place at the right time but,I prefer to just be quiet

Quick Reply: Snort wheeze

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.