Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick Damage and Blood Trails!

Old 12-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick Damage and Blood Trails!

Not to mention when the animal takes it's last 50 yard dash it's ripping that hole open even bigger with each stride.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

This aint slick trick but still pretty slick I think...

standard Muzzy 3-blade: you could fit your whole forearm inside this channel made on aspine hit after this buck ran for 100yds then broke his own back.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

This aint slick trick but still pretty slick I think...

standard Muzzy 3-blade: you could fit your whole forearm inside this channel made on aspine hit after this buck ran for 100yds then broke his own back.
damm that looks like it got hit by a cannon ball
Old 12-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter
How can a 1" broadhead cut a whole bigger than 1"?I don't mean to sound like a "wise guy", I'm just curious.
I was using 125 grain Mags on the end of a Easton FMJ. The Mags cut a 1 1/8" cut. The way it has been explained to me is that hide, muscle, flesh, etc. is under a certain amount of tension and when you cut cross grain the tension opens a bigger hole than the actual cut. I think blade angle has something to do with it also and that has been referred to as a splash effect. We won't argue that point, but you can look at the pictures and judge for yourself. That is why I prefer 4 blade heads, more cutting, and asure thing some tissue will be cut across the grain. I will take a 4 blade hole anyday, and in my opinion ST's are the best replaceable blade broadhead on the market. Gary has refined the ST to get it to that point, but I would still shoot them if there had been no improvements made in them since I started shooting them in 03. They impressed me the first year and have only gotten better
With the KE most bows produce today, it would be nice to see a 125 grain ST Ultra Mag with 1 1/4" cut. Although I doubt we will see that anytime soon.
What about it Gary?

Dan
Ok, now I understand. Thanks!
Old 12-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Smoooth! Gotta love them slick tricks!