Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trials and tribulations of Germ v. Mr. Mass

Old 12-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: trials and tribulations of Germ v. Mr. Mass

Thank you Davemill, you stating I have no life is a compliment[:-]
and it was intended that way..... as a compliment.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope ya get him germ. It isn't over til the fat lady sings!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Hope ya get him germ. It isn't over til the fat lady sings!

Or the short bald guy.[8D]

All that has happened on one deer and just think,water is his friend at home but proved to be his enemy in Ky.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Rob, I agree w/ you on that one 100%. When I shot my buck this year, I had more fun sharing it w/ some of the guys here than I can even say. It really does add to the experience, and friends are friends, irregardless of how they're made.....Nes pas?
I know I called Rob when I shot my '06 8 pointer.....as I was walking up on him. It was magical to share that experience (my first 8 pointer....and the first deer I knew I was going to have mounted) with a friend.

I've also called my friends after days when NOTHING was harvested....nor the bow even reached for. Again...."magical" to share with people who "get it".

One of the most satisfying things I receive from bowhunting......is the calls I receive from my friends when THEY have experienced something similar. It's BETTER than when it happens to you.

Hard to explain.....but I'd miss this a LOT.....if it didn't happen.

Thanks for the call, Gary.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the same way as Rob does ......... hunting to me is all about sharing your experiences with those you care about ....... I shot my first deer when I visited my dad at his stand for lunch .... my one nephew shot his first deer his first morning hunting them right next to me ... we didn't plan to beright next to eachother, but we were on a new piece of property and there was no where else to go .... I wouldn't change that for anything ..... that same nephew shot his first bowkill hunting solo..... right after his shot, I was there via cell phone walking him through everything from tracking it to gutting it ..... again, I wouldn't change any of that for anything .... oh yeah, I stuck a doe that was 10 yards from me with my brother sitting at the base of the tree I was in because we got lost and it was his first day bowhunting .... he wouldn't shoot her forsome reason .... so I did .... it was an unforgetable experience ....... but that's me ......to others it is completely about them vs. their quarryand I'll show you thepics of my take when it's over ... and that's ok too ...... hunting is personal .....
Old 12-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree..and although I haven't really ever called anyone from HNI, during or after a hunt..I've certainly logged right on and typed a novel about exciting hunts. I have several HNI'rs on speed dial and if the grand plan ever works out they'll be among the first to know.

I do call My Dad and Cousin when interesting things occur! We always share in each others hunts!

I didn't grasp the boat-motor issue in my early post..I wasn't implying that sharing the exp, was bad ..I was just thinking shoot first call later.