Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trials and tribulations of Germ v. Mr. Mass

Old 12-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: trials and tribulations of Germ v. Mr. Mass

Hmm well let's evaluate shall we? Phone in hand-- yet, release in bag. Able to dial and talk, but unable to nock arrow.

Do we see a pattern here?? I mean where are our priorities when we go afield??

Mr Mass's only focus is survival, are youable to focusenough to play his game? I mean like someone said, you've gotten an awful lot of looks atthe same,mature buck, already, who's learning who?

Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Hmm well let's evaluate shall we? Phone in hand-- yet, release in bag. Able to dial and talk, but unable to nock arrow.

Mr Mass's only focus is survival, are youable to focusenough to play his game? I mean like someone said, you've gotten an awful lot of looks atthe same,mature buck, already, who's learning who?
First
It's not legal to have my bow knocked in a boat with a motor running, it's treated same as a car.
It's not legal to shoot from a boat with a motor on it. I would have to take the motor off(out of the water).

I will not shoot a deer out of my boat.

Phone was in my pocket, all I said was "call Jeff"

Second
As soon as I stop he's gone, I can motor past them no issue. Just like a car, how many times have you driven by deer and they have not moved. Stop your car and what happens in pressure areas?

Third
I have seen him a lot, but I also have hunted a lot Because I can sneak in and out with the boat I have not spook him off my best spots.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Site Bouncer

I don't believe he's allowed to legally shoot from a motor boateven if he could. I know that's illegal in Illinois and I believe in Michigan as well.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Site Bouncer

Beat me to it by a few seconds Germ!!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those buckeye, LOL they kick are arse in football, and then take shots at me

Jeff if i shot him from the boat would you have turn me in[:-] I know the buckeye would
Old 12-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey I know of lots of boats..never once did I see mention of a motor..I should have realized that a Michiganite would be too lazy to row!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey I know of lots of boats..never once did I see mention of a motor..I should have realized that a Michiganite would be too lazy to row!
Hey I am headed up river, LOL
Trolling motor, have you not watch "Ride on the river with Germ" yet

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/swooshjr/Video/?action=view&current=RiverPart1.flv

Funny thing is, he was just off to the right and up bit, LOL

When I shot the buck last year that was the second time I had seen him. Oct 29th I was about to take 14 days of vacation. Hunting using the boat has increased my mature buck sightings like 100+%.

I take 0 steps to most of my stands on land. I climb up the bank and right into a tree. If you could hunt a farm and leave almost 0 scent, do you think your mature buck sightings would increase?

GR8 I am not to sure how stable a 10ft John boat would be to shoot from either.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad Germ.. I'm still pullin' for ya. And you sure ain't givin' up..

Love the video by the way.

And yes.. if I could eliminate all my odor before going to stand I would definately see more mature deer. Those SOB's pattern us all very quickly.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats how they get big boys! I will never forget the year before I could legally deerhunt I had a trap line, I dunno how many bucks i had eye to eye while wading that river checking traps!!! Maybe there is a lesson to be learned????
Old 12-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Dominant Buck

So as I take it your plan is to keep eyeballing each other and having these chance meetings until he tires of the game and gets used to you. When he finally becomes tame to the point of hand feeding you're going to shoot him. Now I ask you.... is that fair chase? I think it would be more fair to shoot him from a rocking boat while he's still somewhat leary of you. You've seen this guy more than I see my house cats in a week. It's not fair chase to kill something as you pet it.[8D]

Quick Reply: trials and tribulations of Germ v. Mr. Mass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.