Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
This will end badly - wounded deer and sad faces
17.78%
Lucky schmuck will probably wind up getting one
43.33%
This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard
3.33%
You actually have "less than 0 percent" chance of success
17.78%
My ethical standards would never allow me to do such a thing
17.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Huntingnet Mythbusters: Your predictions

Old 12-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Huntingnet Mythbusters: Your predictions

Pick up some Rage 2 blades. You need all the margin for error you can get. I'm glad I live several states away, I'm not up for a 12 hour blood trailing job.

J/K man, good luck.BTW, we all know you are out of buck tags. Play accordingly.[8D]
Old 12-26-2007, 01:18 PM

Lucky schmuck will probably get one! [8D]

Old 12-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm more intriqued by this statement:
I used to play in my yard with my old one until I lost it last year. *

You lost a bow in your yard and now expect us to guess how well you'll do with another??

I'm betting you lose this one too!

Old 12-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Readthis story from this year...

I guyI know who has never bowhunted is given an old bow (no components other than arrow rest) by a friend of his so he can go bowhunting the NEXT DAY.

The bow that was given to him had a draw length of 32 inches...this guy is only 5 '8. He brought the bow to the local sporting goods store to get set up with some components but since the bow is very old they didn't have any sights that would attach to it. So they told him to just draw back to the side of his face...look down the side of the arrow and let it fly.

So the next day he went hunting and shot a 6 point buck at 23 yards...with a draw length 4 iches too long...no sights...no practice... and shooting fingers with an arrow rest that should only be used with a release.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the first and last choice are basically the same. I am guessing 20% chance you get one, 70% chance you strike out and 10% chance you shoot yourself with the new bow!

Just kidding. Best of luck. Make it close and make it count!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gr8: I really have no idea what happened to the old bow. It was delaminating anyway.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess I'm the only one that says......if you're capable andcan pull it off.....good luck!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess I'm the only one that says " Who cares?"
Old 12-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is this Fran A/K/A Byron Ferguson Quicksilver? I say if you don't purposely skip the arrow off a rock before you center punch itin that on a deer baseball sized area where the windpipe meets the collar bone area of a human,well you just havn't challenged yourself enough.
When you are a natural who needs practice!
Old 12-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

So Ethics Police: Feel free to roast me alive. I really don't care. I'm licensed. I'm armed. And I'm going.
So why even bother with a poll?.......you made your decision and you will have one of5 outcomes and will have to live with any of them.
Kill, wound, miss , no shot, or see nothing.
Any of which can happen to any of us at anytime no matter how much we practice.

If you can live with a doe with an arrow sticking out of it's neck or assbecause you can attribute it to a lack of realistic practice then that's your bag. Here's hoping you double lung one but your not stacking the odds in your's or the deer's favor for a pretty outcome. You can't kill something if you don't shoot at it, but we also have some degree of responsibility to be as prepared as we can be IMO.

Why start a thread basically taunting those of us who might not agree to actually speak up and disagree for fear of an argument?
"Here's what I'm going to do regardless of what you say ,but hey how about some feedback anyway?"
Either do it or don't,but what's the point other than creating an argument?

I know first hand what you are setting yourself up for, and I wishany deer you shoot atthe best of luck for a quick death.

Hypothetically.......Would you be critical of saya 30 yr old guy who is buying his first compound at Wal-Mart thenight before the archery opener and asking the clerk which mechanical broadhead's he should buy for his 40# PSE Nova for the morning's hunt?
There are degrees of responsibility related to ignorance (lack of knowledge) which may or may not be learned through trial and error, and then there is simply knowing better and doing it anyway against your better judgement.

Quick Reply: Huntingnet Mythbusters: Your predictions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.