Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I would stand a better chance of success with the Cabela's card
68.66%
I would stand a better chance of success with the Walmart card
1.49%
I would tag out no matter what
8.96%
Neither option would impact my hunting at all
20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Walmart.com vs. Cabelas.com

Old 12-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Walmart.com vs. Cabelas.com

Not only can't i find good boots there but I can't find wool socks. OK there are socks that say they are wool but a 25% wool blend sock is about all. Thank goodness for the toe warmers because with the crud they have for boots and the stuff they try and pass off for wool socks i'm going to need a whole box of them

Old 12-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your right about one thing.

Insanely dumb poll.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I would be a more successfull hunterwith a cabelas card.

Iwould say that very littleof the hunting gear that I use could bepurchased at walmart.

I would hate to go out into the bitter conditions of MN without my Danner boots, high quality under wear, Columbia Wool Camo suit, etc. What kind of bows do they sell there anyway?

Do I NEED the particular gear that I have? No I don't.

But the bottom line is that the more comfortable I am while hunting...the more time I will spend in the field.

The more time I spend in the field...the more succesfull I will be in the long run.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't buy toilet paper from walmart, its all garbage!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think either would impact your chance of success. I think your hunt would be more enjoyable with the Cabelas card. It is a no brainer that you are going to find a better selection and better quality at Cabelas. That said, a good hunter could take a deer with a Bowie knife and mud camo.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran,you are really bored at work today right? Phones aren't ringing there is no one around,everyone is using their vacation time up except you who used it during hunting season.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Fran,you are really bored at work today right? Phones aren't ringing there is no one around,everyone is using their vacation time up except you who used it during hunting season.
Sounds familiar, except the Fran part.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Bingo.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

WARNING: Insanely dumb poll. Proceed with caution.

Okay,follows is a strictly hypothetical question. Imagine the two following scenarios:
[ol][*]You have a Walmart.com gift card (with no limit) - and you HAVE to buy ALL of your hunting gear from Wallyworld online.[*]You have a Cabelas.com gift card (also with no limit) - and you're forced to get everything from Cabelas.[/ol]

Here's the question: Would having to shop exclusivelyat Walmart or Cabelas increase or decrease your chances at success? Why?

"All of your hunting gear" means EVERYTHING! Bow, Boots, Camo, Stand, etc...

Where is this going, you ask? I want to see howmuch you all think that "gear" actually impacts your success/failure in the field. Also, I wanted to seeif there is an actual perceived discrepancy in quality/effectiveness between"Walmart Gear" and "Cabelas Gear."
Personally I chose Cabela's for the simple fact that during those VERY cold/Rainy days out in the woods I want to know that what I am wearing is going to do the job which will enable me to possibly be more succesfull while hunting. Do the job I mean, keep me warm, dry , and comfortable while on stand for hours on end and just simply work. With that said, I have shopped at both places and Cabela's, by a long shot has more of a selection for what I am looking for. Cabela's also stands behind their products as well. I have never had a single problem with returning things to either place due to not fitting or not working, but Cabela's things that I have ordered/bought from them has ALWAYS stood up to all the elements that I have faced and passed with flying colors. Just my opinion.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although Cabelas has a better selection of hunting equipment, Wal-Mart would be alot cheaper for your basic hunting needs. I myself try to avoid Cabelas at all costs, they have sent me used equipment that was in their "Bargain Cave" when I have ordered from them online. Cabela's is highly overpriced compared to Gander Mountain. I am about an hour from the Cabelas in Wheeling, WV and it's a big joke.

Quick Reply: Walmart.com vs. Cabelas.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.