Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

walmart is it good for hunters

Old 12-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: walmart is it good for hunters

Walmarts vary from area to area,the one in Brentwood Tenn is great,the one in Graham Texas is great,the one on the west side of odessa Tex...sux big wieners! The Rev's next job will be a greeter at one near you someday!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 AM

After I retired from the company that folded, I went to work for Wal-mart I truely believe that Bill Walton is flipping over in his grave because of the way Wal-mart is putting the screws to it's employees, customers and vender/supliers. I worked at the Haines City, Fl. store for 2.5 years in the hardware dept. my wife was there in the floral dept for 1.5 years. We both started there at $6/hr. (this was 2002) and got raises up to $6.80 by 2004 (wow), we asked for a transfer to the Daphne, Al. store Which was granted. Went we reported to the new store, (that had signs out front that they were hiring for ALL positions), I am 66 and my wife is 64. We were assigned to the 4:00 pm to 1:00 am shift unloading trucks on the back dock. They wanted us to quit, which we did, because they had to pay us benefits that we had earned with us quitting they could putnew hires in our place and not have to pay any benefits.
We do shop at Wal-mart but really try not to go there if we can get it somewhere else. They force venders to lower their prices or do without Wal-mart. As far as Wal-mart giving to all the local groups Bull----, It's the employees that are pushed to contribute to these groups. Now that's my 2 cents I've been there!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:34 AM

Walmart does not sell less quality items of the same type or brand. By this I mean if you go to Cabela's or Meijers or any other store and buy something you will get the same item at Walmart. It is not made to a lesser quality just because it was shipped to walmart. I have worked in factories plenty long enough to know this sort of thing just doesn't happen. We get an order, build it and ship it. We don't say "Hey this order is going to walmart so go ahead and make it extra crappy.". They get what is in stock and it's all made the same regardless of where it gets shipped. Walmart sells it for less simply because they buy more of it and can get it for less, just like Meijers and Kmart.

As far as these big stores putting people out of business, I'm not so sure about that. I live in rural America and we have quite a few of these types of stores. I bet in a 100 mile radius we have about 5 walmarts, as many meijers, probably 4 Lowes and 3 or 4 Home Depot's among other large chain stores. In various small towns and cities. I can't think of any small shops that have closed because of them.

Here in Adrian MI we have a small mall with a Sears, Elder Bearmans and a J.C. Penny's in it. Plus we have a K-mart, Walmart, Meijers (right across from each other) a Lowe's and a few other large stores I don't remember the names of. And this a pretty small city actually. And we have a Cabela's, Gander Mountain, and two Bass Pro shops within 50 miles.

I honestly can't think of any small shops that have went under because of these large stores. We still have several small Lumber yards that do quite well, a couple gun stores, some sports shops and other small shops. Plus three or for small grocery stores.

And there are many other small towns around me with the same stores. I just don't see the large chains taking over like some believe they do.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Old 12-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Walmart does not sell less quality items of the same type or brand. By this I mean if you go to Cabela's or Meijers or any other store and buy something you will get the same item at Walmart. It is not made to a lesser quality just because it was shipped to walmart. I have worked in factories plenty long enough to know this sort of thing just doesn't happen. We get an order, build it and ship it. We don't say "Hey this order is going to walmart so go ahead and make it extra crappy.". They get what is in stock and it's all made the same regardless of where it gets shipped. Walmart sells it for less simply because they buy more of it and can get it for less, just like Meijers and Kmart.

As far as these big stores putting people out of business, I'm not so sure about that. I live in rural America and we have quite a few of these types of stores. I bet in a 100 mile radius we have about 5 walmarts, as many meijers, probably 4 Lowes and 3 or 4 Home Depot's among other large chain stores. In various small towns and cities. I can't think of any small shops that have closed because of them.

Here in Adrian MI we have a small mall with a Sears, Elder Bearmans and a J.C. Penny's in it. Plus we have a K-mart, Walmart, Meijers (right across from each other) a Lowe's and a few other large stores I don't remember the names of. And this a pretty small city actually. And we have a Cabela's, Gander Mountain, and two Bass Pro shops within 50 miles.

I honestly can't think of any small shops that have went under because of these large stores. We still have several small Lumber yards that do quite well, a couple gun stores, some sports shops and other small shops. Plus three or for small grocery stores.

And there are many other small towns around me with the same stores. I just don't see the large chains taking over like some believe they do.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Obviously Walmart does not sell less quality items of the same type or brand that is sold in other stores! Dah, that wouldn't be right or legal! The stuff they do sell is still not the big name quality or the assortment you can get at a Gaunder Mountain or a Cabelas. Lets be real here! These Walmarts can slow bussiness down easily in a small town area. One just went up in my neighborhood, the local Pamida and Both Grocery Stores are now up for sale. They can't compete with the prices of Walmart, i'm not saying Walmart is a bad thing but it does hurt the little guys!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 358WINMAN

PreacherToney- How can you post Christian bible quotes and then make fun of someone who just may not have as much on the ball as you do?
358 ..... HUH?!?!?! Why would yousay thatbigtime has less on the ball than me????? YOU sir are the one calling him less than another .... not me. We all joke around in here about each others atrociuos (sp?)typos and spellings ... it's all fun ...... lighten up, Frances

I thought Christians were to treat everyone with God's love and by His word???
Me too .... so why are you saying he has less on the ball than someone else?

Seems like you forgot the simple standards of Christianity! Christianityoverflows withhypocracy- I just left a "Christian" church after 3 years of the same old hypocracy stuff from their mouths. Either youiz or you ain't!!!
Sounds to me like you have left the basic commandment, "Judge not, lest thee be judged", 358 ...... so please, leave YOUR hypocrisy off of our playful jesting

BTW ... I have changed the colors of your missspellings to red ..... please write these out 100 times and turn them in before you leave today
Old 12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

PreacherToney- How can you post Christian bible quotes and then make fun of someone who just may not have as much on the ball as you do?
I'm not Tony, but the use of "text talk" is most probably a choice.

I think publically suggesting the guy "may not have as much on the ball" is a far worse slam.

Steve
Thanks Steve ... I saw this after my reply
Old 12-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Gee wiz bigtime
You mean "Bigtim"?

Sorry Preach.....I had to.[8D]

LOL Jeff!!! ..... case and point .... hey, why dontewe bee nyce too me
Old 12-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Walmart does not sell less quality items of the same type or brand. By this I mean if you go to Cabela's or Meijers or any other store and buy something you will get the same item at Walmart. It is not made to a lesser quality just because it was shipped to walmart.
Many are. Sometimes a nearly identical item is manufactured by a company specifically for Walmart to sell at a cheaper price using cheaper parts. Remember Snapper lawnmowers, leafblowers, and weedeaters sold at Walmart? Not the same Snapper that is usually found at lawn and garden stores. Cheaper in price and quality. You won't find them at Walmart any longer.......Snapper said enough is enough!

Walmarts no longer carry Gorilla Wolverine tree stands.....the Wolverine was specific for Walmart and maybe a couple of other stores. Not a bad stand though. This year Walmart went to a cheap Ameristep hangon that is even heavier. You won't find that specific Ameristep hangon anywhere else. Nobody would even buy one at the local Walmart until they cleared them out for $25 a piece.( I didn't).

I can give other examples if needed.

As far as these big stores putting people out of business, I'm not so sure about that. I live in rural America and we have quite a few of these types of stores.
I live in rural America too. Our local Walmart became a superstore in early October. One grocery store moved out and another has just announced it is shutting down. Funny thing is the grocery prices at the new superstore are as high and in some cases higher than the one other grocery left in town.

If you are a one stop shopper and prefer to buy almost everything you want at one store, then Walmart fits the needs in some cases. Thats the big appeal for many shoppers using Walmart. Me, I am pretty picky when it comes to buying things that I use for hunting.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:16 AM

Sorry for the spelling errors. Typed in quite a hurry. The brain was going faster then my fingers could follow.
If you were being funny, then say "ha ha" at the end of your post or maybe "just kidding".
At no point did your thread sound funny, just averse!
You can rip me all you care to do, I don't flinch that easy... but I truly despise ANYONE who makes fun ofsomeone that may possessless ability then the"norm"for lack of a better phrase.
I've received several PM's regarding myoriginal reply to your verbal jesting of the guy. They agreed with my comments and thanked me formy rebuttal.
You've accused me of "judging"... Isn't that what you did when you made fun of that fella's grammer and texting ability? Usually, those so quick to defend themselves as you did in your reply to my post only rouse my suspicion of a guilty conscience!
I'll write my grammar 100 times if you write" I won'tmake fun ofothers" 100 times.
A joke is a joke, but not when you don't know who or whats on the other end of it!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 358WINMAN

Sorry for the spelling errors. Typed in quite a hurry. The brain was going faster then my fingers could follow.
If you were being funny, then say "ha ha" at the end of your post or maybe "just kidding".
At no point did your thread sound funny, just averse!
358 ..... if you look real hard, and yes that's sarcasm, there is a funny face which we use to let others know we are just busting chops .....

You can rip me all you care to do, I don't flinch that easy... but I truly despise ANYONE who makes fun ofsomeone that may possessless ability then the"norm"for lack of a better phrase.
againYOU are saying that bigtim has less ability than someone else ... not me .... I have made a judgement on his ability .... ...oh yeah, by the way, you shouldn't despise ... and by you being critical of someone you perceive being critical of someone else, kinda makes you like the one you despise ........[]

I've received several PM's regarding myoriginal reply to your verbal jesting of the guy. They agreed with my comments and thanked me formy rebuttal.
and this validates your reply?

You've accused me of "judging"... Isn't that what you did when you made fun of that fella's grammer and texting ability? Usually, those so quick to defend themselves as you did in your reply to my post only rouse my suspicion of a guilty conscience!
I'll write my grammar 100 times if you write" I won'tmake fun ofothers" 100 times.
A joke is a joke, but not when you don't know who or whats on the other end of it!!!
Again 358, It was a joke .... my replywas due to the factthat you falsely accused me of doing what you ended up doing in your reply ... I was kidding .... you labled him with what you thought ..... me thinks you havethe guilty conscience ... lighten up

Quick Reply: walmart is it good for hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.