Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

walmart is it good for hunters

Old 12-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: walmart is it good for hunters

lowest price gets my money. plain and simple.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

The selection at the Walmart's I've been to, SUCKS!!![:'(]What a joke and a waste of time.I'll never go into one again!![:'(][:'(]I get most of my hunting gear at Cabela's, where they have everything.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

cabelas and gander for most stuff, did purchase 3 ladder stands at wally world this season.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wal-Mart not selling guns has nothing to do with "antis". It has to do with states that allow lawsuits to be filed against companies who sell guns. They sell plenty of guns in Oklahoma. They actually have a pretty good selection of hunting accessories here at the local Wal-Mart. It's the same name brand stuff you get anywhere else. They don't have much of a selection of archery supplies, though. What they do have is good stuff, though.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

I prefer not to shop at WalMart for anything, for one reason. Just about 50% of every item in every department that they sell is cheap, junk IMO. I've bought Moultrie Deer cams, meat grinders, bow hangers, etc that broke right out of the box. I bought a fleece pullover that when I put my hands in the pockets, I found they were not sewed up at all. I bought a 25 YR. warranty rake that broke within 5 minutes if me using it, fishing reels that wouldn't cast, flashlights that flicker on and off on their own, flashlight bulbs that don't burn at all. I seriously have to take back about 25% of things because they broke or didn't work right out of the box.

If Walmart can find a cheaper way of having something made, they will do it regardless if it makes the product a bad product. Some of these things shouldn't even be on the shelf. I've learned my lesson, If I want something to last I do not buy it from Walmart. And in many cases, I can find a product that is built better, and the same or less money elsewhere.

And I know Walmart provides a lot of jobs, some good jobs, some not so good. I know several people that work there and I'm glad they got a job, but I just wish their quality was better. If it was I would have no problem shopping there.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

PreacherToney- How can you post Christian bible quotes and then make fun of someone who just may not have as much on the ball as you do?
I'm not Tony, but the use of "text talk" is most probably a choice.

I think publically suggesting the guy "may not have as much on the ball" is a far worse slam.

Steve
Old 12-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

you do know walmart is the owner of samsclub they have been for near 10 years i think
i also go to Sam's club i love it i buy 90% of my food from there the first time i went i saved 100 bucks and i do just about every month iusually do not buy food any where else but if i do i go to walmart or Kroger
but i try and stay away from walmartsmeat to dam high for me.
and like 358winman said they sell corn realcheapbut try buying it here in indiana ant going to happen .

ORIGINAL: tsoc

I don't shop at Walmart,my wife and I do some shopping at Sams Club.The reasons for me not shopping at Walmart are two fold,the specialized or specific nature of what I am looking for and my desire to endorse the small independantly owned archery shops.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i just got done watching a how bout walmart and all the people who hate them

do they realy help us hunters

i like the low price
i thought about it 99% of my hunting stuff come from walmart i did not intend to buy my mossberg from there since they no nothing about the guns but with you guys helping me and the gander lieing to me about the price then trying to sell me a maverick as a 500 and they did not even have a 500 after they told me they did

walmart had it and it was cheaper then the maverick
i bought all my hunting stuff there and safed money

do you guys like walmart do you shop there do they have what you wont

the only proplem i have is sometimesthey do not have the item i need
whats your thoughts
No disrespect to your Walmart but you do get what you pay for generally! Never would I buy my hunting stuff there.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:14 AM

Walmart does a great job of executing their grand plan.. come into small and medium sized communitity's and deliver low cost goods (with their massive buying power) that people cannot resist.. bankruptingmost small businesses in the area that sell competing products.. just like the Home Depots of the world. Personally I can't stand going into Walmarts, they are just a giant human zoo.. but to each his own.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hate Walmart.

Quick Reply: walmart is it good for hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.