Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

walmart is it good for hunters

Old 12-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: walmart is it good for hunters

Seriously... If you're a serious, die-hard bowhunter - how much of your gear can you REALLY buy at Wallyworld?

I mean, I get a bucketload of chemical handwarmers there, maybe some socks and scent spray - but that's it. Everything else just far too specialized, and isn't available at walmart, even if I WANTED to buy it there.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Hothands, cheap early season gloves(because I'll losem or throwem away), deer tags and license.....thats about it.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

my dad worked in a union run steel plant and got sick and was on med leave and they fired him for missing two days after his so called leavewas up but he had a doctors orders to not work the union said we will get your job back no proplem we just need to go meet with the company well they did not even show up for the meeting
i would not let them in either
ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

The walmart near me blows for hunting and sporting type stuff. Used to be pretty decent, then they turned it into a Superwalmart. The only difference I saw was it became super sucky[:'(]. It caters to women now, not men. The automotive and sporting sections got cut in half they hardly carry anything you would want. No guns, no archery stuff and mostly cheap optics and hunting junk. A few things that are useful, but not much.

As far as Walmart being bad or evil, ya, right. The only people I hear bashing walmart are the unions. And they only reason they are pissed is because they are not getting any money from them. Walmart as a corporation employs a lot of people and the unions would LOVE to see part of that money.

Everything I see them bash walmart for is nothing that doesn't happen at any of the other big chain stores that have unions. I know plenty of people that work at walmart and the only ones I see bitch are the ones that really don't want to work. They would complain no matter where they were. Yet I meet LOTS of unhappy people that work at meijers and they have a union (the one that is usually bashing walmart).

Paul
Old 12-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

join the grop buddy i am not that good with spelling or english either it was one of my sleeping classes among many lol
ORIGINAL: hoyt_user

sorry im not the best person when it comes to typing or english in that case but ill agree with bigtime6656
Gee wiz bigtime ..... I nevr wooda thunk it [8D]
Old 12-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

they also talk about the mom and pop food stores go out of buisness well
i went to the little store next to my house yesterday they raised the price up for xmas just because there the only store around here i paid 5 dollars for a bag of potatos and they were the cheap one at tha give me a superwalmart any day
Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

It appears to be contagious as well

I call it "texting ebonics" or "I don't care if people understand me".

Old 12-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

It appears to be contagious as well

I call it "texting ebonics" or "I don't care if people understand me".

Steve .... myne wuz on perpuss tho .....this time I will type or write stuff sometimes and then read it the next day and just laugh ....
Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Gee wiz bigtime
You mean "Bigtim"?

Sorry Preach.....I had to.[8D]

Old 12-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't shop at Walmart,my wife and I do some shopping at Sams Club.The reasons for me not shopping at Walmart are two fold,the specialized or specific nature of what I am looking for and my desire to endorse the small independantly owned archery shops.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:51 PM

PreacherToney- How can you post Christian bible quotes and then make fun of someone who just may not have as much on the ball as you do? I thought Christians were to treat everyone with God's love and by His word???
Seems like you forgot the simple standards of Christianity! Christianityoverflows withhypocracy- I just left a "Christian" church after 3 years of the same old hypocracy stuff from their mouths. Either youiz or you ain't!!!
As for Walmart, they stopped selling firearms and ammo here in NJ because they too, fell victim to the political garbage from the anti's and liberal media twisting about how bad guns are. Most hunters in NJ have quit visiting WallyWorld!!!
They do sell 50lb bags of corn pretty cheap though!

Quick Reply: walmart is it good for hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.