Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

walmart is it good for hunters

Old 12-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: walmart is it good for hunters

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

Walmart is about the same for hunters as it is for handymen and pet owners. It is convenient and usually inexpensive for the standard stuff, but if you want something specific or high end, you have to move on toa specialty store.
Agreed
Old 12-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

What's a walmart?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well for whatever reason our local Walmarts are really cutting back on what they carry for Hunting Supplies. Granted the prices are good but the selection is gettng less and less for Hunting Items.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I buy nothing from Walmart......nothing[:'(]
Old 12-26-2007, 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I buy nothing from Walmart......nothing[:'(]

Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I buy some stuff from Wal-Mart. I don't think it is a lot cheaper than anywhere else. They carry name brand stuff, same as you buy anywhere else. I've bought good quality clothes and calls and scent eliminating products and it's the same stuff you see anywhere else.

I do have a couple of problems though. You better get your stuff early because when they run out of the initial stocking they don't reorder. I find this especially true on scent elimination products. Also I shoot a .45 cal muzzleloader and they don't carry any .45 cal stuff. The local archery/sporting goods shop usually has everything in stock but it is a little higher, not much. The advantage with Wal-Mart is that they are open at all hours which makes it a little more convenient.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

join the grop buddy i am not that good with spelling or english either it was one of my sleeping classes among many lol
ORIGINAL: hoyt_user

sorry im not the best person when it comes to typing or english in that case but ill agree with bigtime6656
Old 12-26-2007, 08:59 AM

The walmart near me blows for hunting and sporting type stuff. Used to be pretty decent, then they turned it into a Superwalmart. The only difference I saw was it became super sucky[:'(]. It caters to women now, not men. The automotive and sporting sections got cut in half they hardly carry anything you would want. No guns, no archery stuff and mostly cheap optics and hunting junk. A few things that are useful, but not much.

As far as Walmart being bad or evil, ya, right. The only people I hear bashing walmart are the unions. And they only reason they are pissed is because they are not getting any money from them. Walmart as a corporation employs a lot of people and the unions would LOVE to see part of that money.

Everything I see them bash walmart for is nothing that doesn't happen at any of the other big chain stores that have unions. I know plenty of people that work at walmart and the only ones I see bitch are the ones that really don't want to work. They would complain no matter where they were. Yet I meet LOTS of unhappy people that work at meijers and they have a union (the one that is usually bashing walmart).

Paul
Old 12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Walmart is really hit and miss. I do not make special trips to Walmart usually to buy hunting products. They are into selling mass volumes of junk really fast. People come into my shop and try to compare whatI sell to what Walmart sells, it's a joke.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

I don't deal with Walmart because of it being tied in with the Southern Mafia same as some other companies in the area.

big rockpile

Quick Reply: walmart is it good for hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.