Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Season ended with veal

Old 12-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Season ended with veal

Well I finally ended my season this morning...after getting busted last night and then hitting a branch and missing first thing this morning I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get my buddy the deer he ask for...As you can guess I was little frustrated after missing but I decided to stay a little longer and what do ya know here comes a nice little doe and I made a good 40yd 1/4 away shot her and watched her fall with in sight...Man what a fun season this has been..saw lots of deer, passed lots of bucks (hope 1/2 made it)...Took 1 buck(8pt) on 10/1/07 and 3 does all with my bow..filled all my tags, had to use my restricted tag on today's doe...also took my first ever late season deer with my bow..Made a donation to the hungry...Included my son this morning on a snowy tracking jobs (he was not happy about leaving the deer@ the processor though)..I just really enjoyed this season and I owe it all to the does. If it weren't for them my season would have been very boring...Any way here are few pictures from this mornings (so called) tracking job
Equipment used on all deer: Hoyt Razortec, Gold Tip XT, 100 gr spitfires & FOBs

This was the scene at point of impact

Gotta love spitfires

60 yards later, If you look close you can see her in between the two trees on the right up on the hill

My 2.5 yr old tracking buddy

Good eats for my buddy

Old 12-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Season ended with veal

Nice! Looks like Michigan!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. Did the boy go huntingwith you or did you just have hime help ya track the deer?
Old 12-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you mean venison. Veal is calf-meat. Or were you refering to the age of the deer? I thought you shot a cow by the title of your thread.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just love blood trailing in the snow!!But it does kinda take the challenge out of it. Congrats!!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

very nice pics, congrats on a great season
Old 12-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think he was referring to the age of the deer... not sure what you'd call fawn meat?

Congratulations!! Not only on a successful end to your year, but for getting your son involved. I know EXACTLY what you mean about the little guy being unhappy at having to leave her behind at the processor; last year at 2 1/2 years old as well, my little guy was about ready to tear the Jeep apart to get back to her as we were driving off...

We can only hope that's a prelude to a lifetime love of the outdoors!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer....nice pics!!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:28 PM

Too Cool Man! Congrats on the doe, and way to get your kid involved in the sport! I'm sure he'll remember this forever!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Great pics....thanks for sharing the story.....great lookin' huntin' buddy you have as well!

Quick Reply: Season ended with veal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.