Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2008 Martin Pro X Firecat???

Old 12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2008 Martin Pro X Firecat???

Hi everyone, before i make my decision on which new Bow to purchase for 2008, I would like to know if anyone has shot the new "Martin Firecat" yet? If so...How did it shoot? please post any comments about it that you personally are aware of. Thanks in advance.

Blazing Speed and
Amazingly Lightweight!!

The Firecat Pro-X combines all of the newest high end features with the fastest cam system available. The extremely lightweight machined aluminum riser is designed to deliver the most sought after axle to axle length and brace height while still being fully adjustable in draw weight and length. New features include the fully integrated Omega V dampening and arrow protection system and the perfectly aligned pivoting Roto Limb Cup. Unmatched performance and dependability is the reason why over half of our research and development team has chosen to hit the field this year with
the new Firecat Pro-X.
Firecat Shelf

Quiet built right in! The Firecat’s new arrow shelf reflects our relentless approach to noise elimination. The shelf, itself made
from a dampening material, extends fully across the arrow shelf
to the rest mount, eliminating any potential noise at this critical area. No more clanking arrows or slapping from your fall-away rest.

Technical Specifications

Speed: 335-345 FPS (70#, 30”, 350 gr.)
Let-Off: 80%
Draw Weights: 60#, 70#
Draw Lengths: 26”-30”
Brace Height: 7”
Weight: 3.6 lbs.
Axle Length: 33”

• Blazing fast C.A.T. Hybrid Duo Cam
• Pivoting Roto Limb Cup
• Slim torque free grip
• FAST, smooth and recoil free
• Integrated shelf, grip, and V.E.M. dampening system
• Integrated V.E.M. silencing arrow shelf
• Thermal V leather grip
• Carbon cable guard rod with teflon slide
• Official STS Shock Terminator Suppressor
• Super light weight (3.6 lbs)
• Double Helix ELITE string

Old 12-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Martin Pro X Firecat???

I think that it could look better. To be their top of the line bow, it looks cheap. Esp. the grip.

If i were to go on looks alone I think that the new Elite GTO is the sexiest damnbow out right now.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

I think that it could look better. To be their top of the line bow, it looks cheap. Esp. the grip.

If i were to go on looks alone I think that the new Elite GTO is the sexiest damnbow out right now.
Well first off let me say that you are right about the appearence of the bow...but...I'm not trying to look sexy in the woods.[8D] I have emailed Martin and they sent me the area Reps phone number so that I could find out where I could go and shoot this thing but the rep never returned any of my calls. The 2 local shops have decided to quit selling Martin due to low sales numbers and a lack of interest in Martin bows. But from what I read about it, and all of my past bows being a Martin, both hunting and 3D, I think the new Firecat should be a hot little number to have. But I would like more information before I lay $800.00 or so down to get one. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shawn,

Who is ripping you $800 for one? The MSRP is $599 and many are going over the counter at $549.

I'd like to say I've shot one, but alas, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Like you, I'm not worried about what a bow looks like. Heck, I don't have much hair left and getting old so things like that don't bother me.

As for the grip, I am not a fan of rubber grips so I ordered mine with the Thermal Elite. There are several options besides the production grip. And another thing. The FireCat is not Martin's top-o-the-line bow. I think it's about 3rd down the list behind the S4 and the Slayer. It's just the one being marketed the heaviest at this time.

Can't help you with the rep as the one I deal with is here in central Pa. Sorry.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Shawn,

Who is ripping you $800 for one? The MSRP is $599 and many are going over the counter at $549.

I'd like to say I've shot one, but alas, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Like you, I'm not worried about what a bow looks like. Heck, I don't have much hair left and getting old so things like that don't bother me.

As for the grip, I am not a fan of rubber grips so I ordered mine with the Thermal Elite. There are several options besides the production grip. And another thing. The FireCat is not Martin's top-o-the-line bow. I think it's about 3rd down the list behind the S4 and the Slayer. It's just the one being marketed the heaviest at this time.

Can't help you with the rep as the one I deal with is here in central Pa. Sorry.
Hey Bg, thanks...I was just saying $800.00 or so by the time I get it with everything I want on it. Where/who did you get yours from? Sometimes I go to New Stanton PA right off of the turnpike Exit 67 Route 30 West. I drive for Conway Freight and some nights do make the trip out there, but I make ithome everyday. Let me know when you get it and what you think. I would really appreciate it.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't shot the Firecat or any 2008 bow for that matter. If they keep the Martin quality it will be a good bow. Martin does hurt itself somewhat with the looks of some of their bows, but they are shooters.