Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your dream bow.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Your dream bow.

Still, that was a heck of an advertisement
OH Yeah Dan knows about Truth in Advertising. Honestly if you can't pick a bow from Bowtech, Diamond, Mathews or Hoyt already being made your NEVER going to be happy. Or your just dishonest and like to poke at other threads.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't push Bowtech because I am on Staff. Actually I am probably on Staff because I have believed in the company and their product since 03. (hopefully a couple of other reasons as well)My opinion ofBowtech was no different the years before I was on staff. I promote Double Bull Blinds, BuckNasty strings, Gray Wolf Woolens,and other products I don't sell and have no connections with. Why?? Same reason I promote any product that I do sell,I believe in it, and IMHO it is the best product out there, at least for my use.
IMO Bowtech has one of if not the best lineups out there. If you think I'm just running an AD because I'm on Staff then you really don't know me, because if I didn't believe in the company, their bows, and their commitment to customer service. I would not be on Staff.
Single Cam Bows:
Diamond Marquis
Diamond Black Ice

Speed Bows:
Airborne 82
Airborne 101

Arguably one of the best Hunting bows ever made: fast, shock free, super accurate, light, and very portable.
Bowtech Allegiance

Shock free, Quiet Bows:
General
Guardian
Commander

Long A to A, Stable shooting platform:
Constitution

Short Draw bow capable of amazing speeds, but yet very quiet, shock free, and accurate even in inexperienced hands:
Equalizer

One of the best Bargains on the market and still a top performer with the latest in Binary Cam technology:
TomKat

I could go on, but as you can see with just the bows that I have mentioned it is an Awesome selection of bowsthat meets/exceeds tons of guys expectations.
After allBowtech's growth numbers don't lie, and even though archery has grown ever so slightly Bowtech continues to grow by leaps and bounds.

That Growth comes from somewhere

Dan
Old 12-24-2007, 11:31 AM

MeanV2,

Your knowledge of the Bowtech/DIamond line is commendable.

Your right I don't know you. Even if I did I'd be somewhat of a skeptic. I really don't trust salesman or paid employees (I'll even stick brand loyal customers in here), regardless or how pure they claim their intentions to be.

PaBuck,

I do have a bow(s) I am happy with. How am I dishonest and poking at other threads? Please explain as this one baffles me.

You guys missed the whole point of the thread. It is about "DREAM" bows and what a person would want if they could dream.

"Regardless what type Bow you are looking for with the Lineup that Bowtech/Diamond offers it's hard to believe there isn't one that's just what you are looking for."

This is what started it all off. Instead of reading what I wanted in my dream bow and finding a bow that matched my requirements, a whole product line was stuck in my face. I found this inappropriate, especially since not one bow in that product line came close to what I want in my dream bow. That's why it comes across as a product plug/advertisement more than anything else.

I rememeber imagining where we would be now, 15 yrs ago. Heck I can even remember dreaming of a new bow dang near 30 yrs ago. If you pay close attention to my list you'll see what we have today is a long ways away from achieving this. I am dreaming of the bow that we will probably have in 10-15yrs from now.

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

An old english yew long bow is my dream bow. A pile of history surrounds them.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dream if you want toI'm shooting my Dream Bow[8D]

Dan
Old 12-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Germ

The one I have pulled back on a 220'' typical whitetail

Old 12-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Host of Hosts

PaBuck,

I do have a bow(s) I am happy with. How am I dishonest and poking at other threads? Please explain as this one baffles me.

Sure does look like that your poking at Dan for being some kind of salesman. You look like your wanting to argue the quality of Bowtech/Diamond with him, or just didn't want to hear about what his dream bow/bows were. Dream Away Lance....
Old 12-25-2007, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR
Sure does stand out that your poking at Dan for being some kind of salesman. You look like your wanting to argue the quality of Bowtech/Diamond. You made accusations, I addressed them. Dream Away Lance....
Doug,

Seems like you are assuming a lot here and/or reading more into what I typed. Reason for "poking" at Dan expained above. Rest is what you are assuming or misinterpreting what I am saying.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough that you interpreted it this way. I never did or ever will argue the quality of any bow on the forums. If you know me well enough to call me by my first name you'd know this. Reread my last post(s) you'll see what I mean. (#17 should show no brand specific attack)

Edit: you edited while I was typing. I'd have loved to hear about his dream bow initially. Alls I know is he is shooting his dream bow and I am assuming it is a Bowtech. Again Happy Holidays

Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Merry Christmas and God Bless.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

For 3D:

38-39" ATA

6.5" brace

Not too much riser reflex

Machined in handle like an Apex 7, or Apex - beveled edge where thumb goes

Lunges forward a bit at the shot

4lbs or less bare bow so I can add weight where I want it to get what I need for mass weight

Ability to creep tune or at least make sure shots from anywhere in the valley hit the same 1" spot at 30 yards

laminated limbs

350+fps
Old 12-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Host of Hosts

Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Merry Christmas and God Bless.
No Ruffled feathers here. I been on this forum long enough to take things too seriously. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well .... 2 days late

Happy New Year