Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your dream bow.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Your dream bow.

ORIGINAL: TFOX

There are alot of bows that match thoses specs.

You should throw in a deflex riser or something.

http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/hoyt_kateraXL_compound_bow.php

BEST BOW EVER!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would ask Black Widow to build me a 60# @ 30"three piece longbow on a slimmed down SA Bacote recurve riser with 64" limbs and Bamboo cores. They don't currently make this bow but I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they did.[:-]

It would probably look very similar to a Habu "Death Adder" longbow.

what did you think I'd say?

Old 12-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

my dream bow is the one that i will be buying in about a month when i have the money after christmas and my birthday to buy a fred bear "the truth" and all of the accesories seperate
Old 12-23-2007, 05:54 PM

My dream bow...well:

32-33" ata
8" or so brace height, not less. So as TFOX stated a deflex riser might be needed
Instead of one grip I want many, many styles I can pick from and play with. Included with bow, of course.
320fps @ 28" draw @ 60lbs chucking a 425 gr arrow (yeah dream time)
Draw cycle like my old Hoyt Fastflight with Control cams (btw I'd buy that bow back from whoever I sold it to )
4.5 lbs
Adj let off with 50, 65 and 80% choices without needing a press.
Adj draw length (without a press) to cover the full spectrum.
A TWO piece quiver
Of course quiet and shock free with no bow movement on release. I want to hold my pin on target till the arrow arrives.
A solid wall and forgiving valley.
The last thing I want that will make it so much different than todays bows is one that fits my budget.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly Bowtech has been making my Dream Bow every year since 03. That's why I started shooting them, and each year I think they can't improve on them, but they Do and prove me wrong.

Regardless what type Bow you are looking for with the Lineup that Bowtech/Diamond offers it's hard to believe there isn't one that's just what you are looking for. Single Cam? Speed Bow? Quiet? Forgiving? Shock Free? They pretty much cover the table

Dan
Old 12-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I would ask Black Widow to build me a 60# @ 30"three piece longbow on a slimmed down SA Bacote recurve riser with 64" limbs and Bamboo cores. They don't currently make this bow but I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they did.[:-]

It would probably look very similar to a Habu "Death Adder" longbow.

what did you think I'd say?

MMmmmmm baaaacote.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:31 PM

Hehe, nice plug. Unfortunately no, there isn't a bow in the Bowtech/diamond lineup that comes even remotely close to my dream bow. I doubt one could even match half of my wishes to my satisfaction. Then again there isn't a manufacturer that could. Still, that was a heck of an advertisement.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got to shoot a Diamond Black-Ice a while back and it's been my dream-bow ever since. I'm sure there's at least a couple more I'd like as much ormore, but that's the one I dream about now.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since its Xmas--my dream bow would be a big bright red one tied around a xmas hottie. If it shows up I will be sure to post some pictures [ha ha]

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

45lb Black Widow Recurve!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Quick Reply: Your dream bow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.