Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote or wild dog chasing a deer? UPDATED GOT THE FOX ON CAMERA......

Old 12-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote or wild dog chasing a deer? Game Pics...

Depending on where TO's hunting spot is it most likely isn't going to be a red fox. I have seen them in the hill country but not in any other part of Texas. IMO their are more grays than reds. But thats just my opinion. Any other Texas guy's agree/disagree?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

Depending on where TO's hunting spot is it most likely isn't going to be a red fox. I have seen them in the hill country but not in any other part of Texas. IMO their are more grays than reds. But thats just my opinion. Any other Texas guy's agree/disagree?
I forgot I had the redfox on the camera too. Good call bigjim. Posted him on the first page.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote or wild dog chasing a deer? UPDATED GOT THE FOX ON CAMERA......

The first pic sure looks like a gray fox to me...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote or wild dog chasing a deer? UPDATED GOT THE FOX ON CAMERA......

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

The first pic sure looks like a gray fox to me...
We are trying to figure out what is chasing the doe into the river. It is picture 6 on the link or GMMAT embedded it into the thread.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

my bad! Sorry about that. With regard to #6 I just can't tell....
Old 12-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sticking to the Gray fox idea, I can tell just by looking at it what you have there is a Gray fox.

Ryan.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:17 PM

If a deer runs a coyote will chase it as will a dog will. I seen coyotes walk right between standing deer and not chase them, but I have also see them chase them to. I had one chasing a doe by me once he stop and lay down under my tree to rest as the doe went on. I arrowed him as he was laying about 25 yards from me. The first picture is a coyote and the second picture if not a deer is a dog. Look at there tail and color.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is one BIG gray fox. I shot one with the bow last year and it was about half that size. As far as to whats chasing the deer, I have looked at it a hundred time and I keep changing my answer. I'm confused as all get out[&:]
Banned

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks

Check out picture #6... is that a coyote or wild dog chasing a deer? It looks like it to me.

http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=2525819

GRAY FOX
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Could this be a deer?

TWO DEER

Quick Reply: Coyote or wild dog chasing a deer? UPDATED GOT THE FOX ON CAMERA......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.